AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
looks great! so, have you shot it with the short barrel? any issues with keyholing?

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Always bet on black!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I love the more traditional Wood, Bakelite, Triangle Folder and Krink set up.....but in the Black Configuration you have it I think I'm going to have to make an exception....especially with the Bulgy 4 peice FH....Holy God that's Sexy!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
looks great! so, have you shot it with the short barrel? any issues with keyholing?

Here is a cell phone pic of the functional test. Range is about 20 yards:

This was done with the 4 piece booster. I haven't shot it yet with the cone booster. Ammo was 60gr. Silver Bear. I will do a more thorough test at a longer range within the next couple of weeks.

I love the more traditional Wood, Bakelite, Triangle Folder and Krink set up.....but in the Black Configuration you have it I think I'm going to have to make an exception....especially with the Bulgy 4 peice FH....Holy God that's Sexy!!
You are not alone. Everyone who has seen the rifle, or the pics, tells me the polymer is the way to go. At first I wanted the polymer but when I put the wood and triangle on, I changed my mind. I like the traditional look too.

And now, everyone is telling me the black polymer is so much better looking. All I need to do now is get the plum furniture from K-Var and really confuse things.

:)

-Bob

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Make sure you try it without any muzzle devices too. I did the same thing on mine but I won't be able to try it until this weekend. What tool did you use for the crown?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Make sure you try it without any muzzle devices too. I did the same thing on mine but I won't be able to try it until this weekend. What tool did you use for the crown?
Yes, I need to spend more time with it. It appears that a couple of the holes are elongated. I will use paper targets, not the splatter type, next time.

I used the 90 degree and 11 degree cutters from Dinzag. The initial cut was with a hack saw, then filed to smooth it out. Used the 90 degree cutter to square the cut and the 11 degree to do the crown.

-Bob

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
I used the same tool, sold by a lot of places. Only thing is I went with the 11 degree crown after smoothing the cut out with a file.

Key holing would be fairly obvious, the bullet would be sideways, even at short distances.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
I used the same tool, sold by a lot of places. Only thing is I went with the 11 degree crown after smoothing the cut out with a file.

Key holing would be fairly obvious, the bullet would be sideways, even at short distances.
Pics of your crown?

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
Ammo was 60gr. Silver Bear. I will do a more thorough test at a longer range within the next couple of weeks.
excellent! thank you sir! if you can, try it with 7n6. I had a US made barrel that would keyhole 7n6, but not commercial ammo.

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
especially at short distances in my experience. At 25 yards it was horrendous, at 50 yards they would straighten up quite a bit

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
1 - 20 of 43 Posts