AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To let me know when reliable and plentiful 20 round magazines for the SAIGA .308's are available.

I'm jonesing for another .308 AK and I got rid of my Yugo's and Galils because I wasn't into paying $100-$200 per magazine.

Thanks in advance guys.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Veprs in .308 shoot great, but I am going to refit the SAIGA into appropriate AK furniture and they're much lighter than the Vepr.

Sorry man. :goof:

G

·
0 Posts
Templar said:
The Veprs in .308 shoot great, but I am going to refit the SAIGA into appropriate AK furniture and they're much lighter than the Vepr.

Uh, Templar, there is no "appropriate" furniture for a .308. The fact that it's a .308 means it will never be "traditional".:wink:

·
Registered
488 Posts
BiggerStick47 said:
Templar said:

Uh, Templar, there is no "appropriate" furniture for a .308. The fact that it's a .308 means it will never be "traditional".:wink:
The Saiga can have a standard AK stock fixed to the rear...

The "angle cut" on the Vepr prevents this...a bit of a problem.

BTW, with conversion and a little creative work on some forearm metal -the Saiga does re-configure pretty well as a traditional appearing AK (except for the hi-cap mag need).

Lollygagger :neutral:

G

·
0 Posts
Lollygagger said:
The "angle cut" on the Vepr prevents this...a bit of a problem.

BTW, with conversion and a little creative work on some forearm metal -the Saiga does re-configure pretty well as a traditional appearing AK (except for the hi-cap mag need).
I think you missed my point. You can dress it up all you want, but the fact that it's a .308 means it will never be traditional. Hence, there is no "appropriate" furniture.

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I like the original gas system, handguards, and pistol grip, and I want to put an AK-100 series stock on it, and have the barrel cut to standard AK length (16").

Help a brother out? :twisted:

Kind of like what Krebs was doing for a while, but I don't need the RPK handguards.

·
Registered
488 Posts
BiggerStick47 said:
I think you missed my point. You can dress it up all you want, but the fact that it's a .308 means it will never be traditional. Hence, there is no "appropriate" furniture.
FWIW, both .308 & 8mm mauser chambered AK weapons were made in Yugoslvia prior to '89...and exported.

Lollygagger :neutral: (Errr...what about a.223 AK?)

G

·
0 Posts
Lollygagger said:
BiggerStick47 said:
FWIW, both .308 & 8mm mauser chambered AK weapons were made in Yugoslvia prior to '89...and exported.

These aren't Yugos.

ETA There are .223 AKs in use by Nato countries. I'm not a traditionalist, so I don't care what caliber they are chambered in.

·
Registered
488 Posts
BiggerStick47 said:
Lollygagger said:
BiggerStick47 said:

These aren't Yugos.

ETA There are .223 AKs in use by Nato countries. I'm not a traditionalist, so I don't care what caliber they are chambered in.
Well...

Some might not think a .223 NATO AK is quite "traditional" as well.

I am with you on the not caring -I don't collect these things...I shoot & enjoy them. So, I do with them as I please.

I actually think re-configuring a weapon is a intersting & personal thing. I actually don't much care for the "wanna-be" look -right now that is popular with AR looking stocks being placed on AK/SKS guns...I say, get a AR if you want one (I did).

I used to collect big time, as my father did before me. Civilianized military weapons (meaning: commercial) NEVER were considered quite right for hard core collectors-and, dressing them up did not improve the opinion. They just didn't count.

The millions of the imports of such that came, and, the new batch of shooters coming to age has caused many to imagine otherwise...we'll need 50-100 years to see,

Lollygagger :neutral:

G

·
0 Posts
LG, I think we agree. I was really just giving Templar a hard time. He's always on me about how the Vepr doesn't look traditional. We all know he's just jealous! :twisted:

·
Registered
488 Posts
BiggerStick47 said:
LG, I think we agree. I was really just giving Templar a hard time. He's always on me about how the Vepr doesn't look traditional. We all know he's just jealous! :twisted:
A Vepr is just a WILD PIG, isn't it?

Lollygagger :grin: ( Don't even wonder what a Saiga looks like!)

G

·
0 Posts
Lollygagger said:
BiggerStick47 said:
A Vepr is just a WILD PIG, isn't it?

Lollygagger :grin: ( Don't even wonder what a Saiga looks like!)

Even in nature, the Vepr looks better than the Saiga! :lol:

VEPR:

SAIGA:

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
sounds like a serenade

I could'nt help it...
I saw I want you , then I saw I need you..... Well

Baby we can talk a-all night, but that ain't getting us nowhere
I told you everything I possibly can, there's nothin' left inside of here
And maybe you can cry a-all night, but that'll never cha-ange the way that I feel
The snow is really piling up outside, I wish you wouldn't make me lea-eave here
I poured it on and I poured it ou-out, I tried to show you just how much I care
I'm tired of words and I'm too hoarse to shout
But you've been cold to me so long, I'm cryin' icicles instead of tears

And all I can do, is keep on tellin' you
I want you (I want you), I need you (I need you)
But there ain't no way-ay I'm ever gonna lo-ove you
Now don't be sad (don't be sad 'cause)
'Cause two out of three ai-ain't bad
Now don't - be-ee sad, ('cause) 'cause two out of three ain't bad :twisted:

G

·
0 Posts
Templar said:
So are you guys gonna hook me up or what?

:neutral:
Hell no! This forum is here to make fun non-Russian firearms, complain about Robinson Armament and recruit people for a world wide take-over. Not help people find solutions to their firearms problems.

:moon:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts