AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I don't know much about Galils. Apparently neither does the web. All I can tell is their was receivers imported, possibly barrled, and maybe a small chance a few we're built.
I'm looking for info on the import or built Uzi America galils. We're these actually built here or by IMI ?
Are these any good? Anyone know what the value of an ARM in 556 would be in great shape?

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
They were originally imported by Mossberg, who was setting up to be IMIs US wing....

Anyways, the import was banned before they had a chance to import them as complete rifles. So, they were imported as bare receivers. There might have been a few import samples of complete rifles, but never sold commercially.

Bottom line, if its an Uzi America receiver, its going to be a parts gun.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info guys! Here is what's going on. I'm looking at a trade offer, my Tavor w/ACOG for a Galil. The guy has 2 Galils he is willing to trade, my pick . One is AA 556 arm version with box, the other is Uzi America built Galil arm 556.
both are immaculate !
obviously the ACtion Arms is a preban with box and he wants $400 cash from me on top of the Tavor w/acog.
The Uzi America is a straight trade.
My Tavor has 80 rds. Fired and the Acog is new+ box and factory extras.My gut tells me the AA is the way to go but is the Uzi America that bad?

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
I would go with the ARM. They are about $3K now. Plus the cost of the ACOG. It will only go up in value.

The "Uzi america" is going to be an American assembled gun. At best, its an IMI receiver with new IMI parts. But might even be used parts of unknown origin. They never sold them as complete weapons, or even "barreled actions". There were however, a slew of semi auto receivers sold in the 2001-2002 time frame that were used with new kits, as well as used Military kits to make semi autos.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the price difference is only $400 I must point out that the value difference is immensely larger. Get the real deal.
Thanks again!
yep $400 but I don't know if I can pull it out of my Butt? Kinda strapped right now, sucks! This is why I was asking about the Uzi America . I will skip the UA and go for an AA !

I must say you guys are a wealth of information ! You keep us noobs out of trouble. Thank you both!!!

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Definitely go with the factory built rifle. The difference is way more than the $400 difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts