AK Rifles banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought about using an original A1, But it's not very Practical. So I'm looking at getting a bushmaster 20" USGI.

There any other good choices?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Whats not practical about an original? The twist rate?

Any 20" govt profile would work. I'm partial to BM and Armalite barrels because they are all CL... :goof:

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Exactly, what's impractical about it, are you shooting 77gr ammo? You can always get a new Colt A1-profile in 1/7.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Nothing impractical about a 20" A1.

Lightweight, set it and forget it sights, lets you resist the urge to hang ten pounds of crap on it.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TxCop said:
Whats not practical about an original? The twist rate?
pencil thin Barrel, Well I won't mind using New A1 BBL, You know where I can get one Kisara?

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I picked up all of mine (except the SBR XM177) from Bob (angus?) over oin the EE @ arfcom. Boy, I would think that the EE over there would be rife with these, no?

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Ohio Ordnance Works has M16A1 uppers (no charging handle or bolt carrier). You could always strip it and part out the receiver.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bullet3z said:
So is that the ALL Nodak Spud set up? If so I might have found my next project.

pretty much, I sent the small parts out To US anodizing and got the furniture from U.S. Collectors

·
Registered
556 Posts
how about sarco www.sarcoinc.com

check this out:

AR15/M16 Complete & Stripped Early Barrel Assemblies (the thin M16A1 & AR15) - These are current production barrels made by a top line AR15 manufacturer. Your choice of 16" or 20" barrel -
Barrel only with sight base and barrel nut... $149.95 View Photo
M16 - 20" 1 in 12" twist AR283
CAR15 - 16" 1 in 9" twist - AR284

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Sarco tends to go in and out of stock on those (ask me how I know).

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What should I use in a 1 in 12" BBL?

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Designed for 55 grain ammo.

It's not like the rifle will explode if you use other stuff in it though. :twisted:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well I got one (Colt), Now All I need is a 3 Prong FA (CTD has DPMS made ones but a $10 S&H) Well its a nice BBL But I don't know if I should refinish it receiver, Was going for black/gray/It black/gray/black (Stock/receiver/handguards/BBL/FA)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts