AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
logging into the forum, andNOT seeing 10 post titled "What is better a WASR or a Romak"! :wink: .....or "what is the best AK I can buy for $300" :lol:

eta....the word NOT :wink:...THANKS GW!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Rotdorn said:
logging into the forum, and seeing 10 post titled "What is better a WASR or a Romak"! :wink: .....or "what is the best AK I can buy for $300" :lol:
:lol: How true!

edit to add: You mean logging in and NOT seeing the same questions all the time?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
As much as I agree with the sentiment, we have to realize that strength is in numbers when we fight the anti's and those newbies with the questions like "Which AK is the most accurate?" and "Help me pick my first AK" add to our strength.

Just remember, many of us asked those same questions. Me, I asked Campy in an instant message over on ARFcom.

·
Premium Member
3,759 Posts
Rotdorn said:
logging into the forum, andNOT seeing 10 post titled "What is better a WASR or a Romak"! :wink: .....or "what is the best AK I can buy for $300" :lol:

eta....the word NOT :wink:...THANKS GW!
LOL, no shit ... :lol:

·
Super Moderator
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh I agree SD....completely!....what I am saying is ...The people who are coming in here have a genuine interest. They aren't just filtering thru. I believe exactly the point you made. On the other board one of my first steps was to create the AK ABC section, and filled it full of primer Q&As. Was it used? maybe 1 out of 50 times.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I am finding that as I spend more time here, I am noticing the aggressive posting on the other site more and more. After being around it so much, I think I tuned it out, and just expected there to be an attacking reply in every post. I like the civility here much better.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Frostbite said:
I am finding that as I spend more time here, I am noticing the aggressive posting on the other site more and more. After being around it so much, I think I tuned it out, and just expected there to be an attacking reply in every post. I like the civility here much better.
Ditto that. I strolled over and lurked on the AR side once. Whewee, those guys (or gals) are bitchy! Its almost as if you arent bickering, bitching, pissing, moaning or trolling, you are not allowed to post.

:shock:

·
Registered
130 Posts
sdcromer said:
As much as I agree with the sentiment, we have to realize that strength is in numbers when we fight the anti's and those newbies with the questions like "Which AK is the most accurate?" and "Help me pick my first AK" add to our strength.

Just remember, many of us asked those same questions. Me, I asked Campy in an instant message over on ARFcom.
I agree 100% w/ you buddy. I did the same over on gunsnet before the big campy/admin blowup.
BUT I only asked questions AFTER I endlessly searched for the info! Most of what people ask is there if they would look for it. They will also learn other info while searching for their question. I know I did and still do.

I think Rotdorn was talking about the lazy/uniterested who just wanna pop on and ask one question and they are gone.

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
Frostbite said:
+1 :twisted:

Yeah, after only about three days here I find that I don't even go over to "the old home" anymore than maybe once a day. It is really frustrating when you would ask a legitimate, complex question and out of 10 responses you would get 5 jokers saying the stupid catch phrase of the day, 1 guy tagging the thread, 1 saying "do a search" (even though you already had and there was no info), 1 answering a completely unrealted question or most obviously answering it wrong, and 1 repsonse that *might* be close to the answer you needed.

I think our new home here is the "serious" folk that are educated AK users who are serious about the guns, and who aren't just looking for a place to troll or looking solely for digital companionship in their boring, unsocial lives. (or at least know how to separate the two :wink: )

Maybe a bit harsh, but honestly the way I have felt for a while...

·
Super Moderator
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
gradywhite
I think Rotdorn was talking about the lazy/uniterested who just wanna pop on and ask one question and they are gone.
There you go!...that is what I was trying to say! :wink: Thanks! I must refrain from trying to post before coffee

G

·
0 Posts
If you go check out the old forum, the posting level has dropped. The major posters are now people with less than a year there for the most part. The majority of old Team Members are not posting. The same old questions are being asked 2-3 times within the first 3 pages. The ones who are asking the questions and answering the questions are all basically newer members.

I'll still visit and post but nowhere near as much.

By the way, what is really better? A double hook or single hook Fire Control Group and why? :twisted:

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Oftentimes, I think we tend to lose our prospective on things and forget that all of us were new to the AK-47 at one time.

Don't you remember the first time you were going to invest in an AK and how excited you got? You wanted to know what was good, bad, differences regarding the weapon, what was available, accessories, best bang for the buck, etc., etc., etc. You wanted to "fit in" and become a part of something that was exciting, insightful and fun.

It's hard on "tenured" members, like yourselves. Same old boring questions and mindless chat. That's quite understandable.

I'm still new at this "conversion," but if I can help in any way, I feel honored, in a humble way. That's the whole purpose behind websites such as this...isn't it? Helping one another out. Albeit frustrating at times.

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
Rotdorn said:
gradywhite
There you go!...that is what I was trying to say! :wink: Thanks! I must refrain from trying to post before coffee

BoS........Rotdorn was not putting down new guys, believe me, we love helping the new guys, it's the guys who won't do a little foot work for themselves that got tiring.

:cool:

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I lurked on the old site for quite a while and learned that the average person really could bend a flat and build an AK from a kit. That's how I got the addiction, so let's make a distinction between the interested but uninformed and the :troll: . We're a minority so we don't want to scare people away, so long as they're open minded.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I'm glad to be rid of all the:

+1

DUPE!

type of threads.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Time to forge ahead! :grin:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts