AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
majormadmax said:
$1200 for a Romy G? Bwahahahahahaha! :bullshit:

Although high priced, 4 months ago that would have sold within minutes.

I wonder who built it? His user name is a machine shop and he uses JD tactical/Spikes Tatical as the manufacturer.

·
Registered
21,770 Posts
Hey fellas... 1200 is buy it now.. it is 600 with no reserve.

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
There is a jacka$$ here in Arkansas that sells screw builds and I have seen several that he just left the old rivets in . Then slides it in the rec and welds it up to look like rivets. I seen a nice 1968 romy rpk today in Benton that looks like one of his weld ups. :sad:

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
This is a Romanian stamped AK in 7.62 x 39 that I purchased in August of 2006 directly from JD Tactical, affiliated with Spikes Tactical. The builder of this rifle specifically was James Dunst; he has a reputation as being one of the foremost AK builders and gunsmiths in Florida, if not the US.

It was built between May - August 2006 on an ITM receiver sold by Ohio Ordnance Works, with an added side scope-rail which covers up the OOW markings. I have the original photos of the build in progress showing the markings and an accompanying letter from the builder describing this fact. Original paperwork is included.
Looks like the bottom rivet wasn't long enough to do the mount and the frame and they just left it below flush. I think I'll pass.

Scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts