AK Rifles banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do they think we are a bunch of idiots? (rhethorical question)
Why "...brand new Arsenal, Inc. 5.56mm carbines that have had the factory barrels shortened and re-crowned..." should be $500.00 above the retail price of SLR-106UR?!! WTF?!! And they won't even take time to post pics of the actual rifles, instead posting the generic picture that does not match the description, not to mention shows a replica of a 4-piece booster.
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=132668
That's :bullshit:

· Registered
2,133 Posts
As I see it, they take the risk of not having the chrome flake out of the barrel after cutting and recrowning. They are also better than I am at getting a nice finished durable paint job. And they are licensed to do the mods. :wink: Forgot, they are in business, to make ends meet and be arround in a year they need to make a profit. Its your AK hobby, not theirs.

· Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm naive then in readintg the front page literally:

The AK Forum Mission Statement:

"Provide a free discussion board where advertisers and members work together to promote the acquisition, assembly, and ownership of some of the finest Kalashnikov variants available on the market...where both parties understand it's about the Kalashnikov, not the money."

I am not sure what painting is involved in shortning the barrel, as there is absolutely nothing to paint in there, and cutting chrome lined barrel should've DECREASED its value.

· Registered
1,048 Posts
It says the enlarge the gas port also. I thought only the 107UR"s required that when having the barrel cut down?

I can't help but be concerned that these 5.56 guns will be overgassed since they open up the gas port.

· Registered
8,159 Posts
serzant said:
I'm naive then in readintg the front page literally:

The AK Forum Mission Statement:

"Provide a free discussion board where advertisers and members work together to promote the acquisition, assembly, and ownership of some of the finest Kalashnikov variants available on the market...where both parties understand it's about the Kalashnikov, not the money."

I am not sure what painting is involved in shortning the barrel, as there is absolutely nothing to paint in there, and cutting chrome lined barrel should've DECREASED its value.
Judging by the number of members that purchase items from eBay/Gunbroker/other forums almost specifically for resale or to "flip" on the forum, I think that mission statement was unfortunately left in the dust by many a long time ago.

· Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually i see it the opposite way: I get much much better deals on this forum than elswhere, especially on GB. In fact, I find that the members here are much more fruggle than, say, an average GB or eBay "junkie". So the vendors peddling "Rare"and "customized" and "special eddition" sh-t priced ABOVE the market value are just kidding themselves which will lead them :flush:

Couple vendors, like TGI, Copes, WW, Apex and others have it right though. :hail: :allright:

· Registered
3,159 Posts
If some one wants to recover their cost plus a little more there's no harm in that...the market will determine what "a little more" should be...if it's a little "too much more", then most people aren't going to buy it...in general I think our ee board is still a decent place to pick up stuff for the AK and usually at reasonable prices and with alot of diversity...when the prices are too high the goods just don't move very quickly or at all...I paid $757 + $25 s/h for my slr 106ur (and if I remember correctly, that got bid up $20-$30 by a member here :roll:) and that was a Gunbroker deal (usually not the cheapest place to make a purchase) and conversely I've purchased stuff here from members and I paid more than I could have gotten it for on GB (actually I don't mind paying a member in good standing a little more here because I think that helps this membership stay a little healthier and tighter)...it's just a market thing...if this Henderson deal on slr 106 krinks is unreasonable then they won't move and if Henderson wants them to move they'll just have to adjust the price accordingly...

dskeet...I also understood that the 106 krinks don't need the gas port opened up when sbr'ing them...it'd be a kick in the arse if these babies were this expensive and "overgassed"...

· Premium Member
2,416 Posts
We do not dictate what vendors charge. However if you feel it is too high just don't buy? Ethically they have done nothing wrong. Just charging what they want. But the gas port thing is probably a mistake. We have yet to see a 106 that needed a gos port mod?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.