AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On June 23rd my mother was diagnosed with cancer and she has been going through chemo and doing fine

Today ~2pm I received a call from my mother that my father had collapsed and his nitro-pills were not working and the abulance was transporting him to the hospital. I arrive and he is unresponsive. After a while he is breathing over the vent and he squeezed my hand They then moved him to SICU and he were a little hopeful leaving the hospital after visiting hours. Well throughout the night we went through two cardiac arrests one around 10 that they stabablized him on and then one @ ~3:00 in which he passed away. He lived a very long live he was born in 1929 did a total of 25 years in the Army and Air Force and retired as a master sergant and he was in Koreas and earned 5 bronze battle stars. After the military we worked at Northrup Grumman Ship Systems for another 20 years. One great man

----------------------------------------------------
Edited on 8/14/2008
While we were making arrangemetns with the funeral home I saw his discharge papers and I was incorrect about 25 years in the military. It was actually 20 years 8 months and 20 days.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
My prayers are for your continued strength.

·
Registered
446 Posts
i am sorry for your loss. keep your head up and be strong. are prayers are with you.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I'm sorry to hear. I'm through a similar situation with my father and cancer. I just can't imagine what your going through with both parents. my prayers and thoughts are with u

·
Registered
491 Posts
Sorry

I am sorry to hear of your loss.

My father was diagnosed with prostste cancer this spring. He is through surgery and seems to be doing ok. My younger sister is on her deathbed right now. Not expexted to make it thru the weekend.

I truly feel your pain.

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
I'm very sorry for the loss of your father, he sounds like a great man.

I'm also very sorry to hear about your mother, I hope she does well.

Stay strong brother.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear that, my prayers are with you & you're family.
I know what you're going through i've been having medical problems to.My mother is parcely disablied & has heart problems also.It seems like everything comes together at one time, always bad news, take care it will all work out.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Very sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you in your time of trouble. May he rest in peace.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Take care bro. Hope all is as well as can be. I'll raise a pint for him today.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Lost my mom a few years back, dad passed when I was a kid. Keep your chin up and remember the good times together, it will see you through. Your in our thoughts and prayers....

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Very sorry to hear of your loss, and I hope circumstances will soon turn for the better for you and yours.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts