AK Rifles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
Found a place that has them on sale for $599. (I think that was the cost) so what do ya think? Is it worth the gamble? I was thinking that I could get it and have it refinished and then I saw the stuff about the recevers being soft and headspace shifting.

Walk or buy?

Thanks
Old Sarge

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
They are guaranteed for a year...aren't they?

Put it through it's paces and see if it was built properly.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I've been doing a lot of reading on the issues on the net and I'm going to wait and see how this all shakes out. No surprise the prices are falling with all the concerns being discussed. Lot's of bad press will do that.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
BUYER BEWARE!!! I am on the second one that Century has shipped me, and I am going to call them on Monday for a RA# to send it back - top cover is so sloppy I am afraid it would come off and hit me in the face if I tried to shoot it, not to mention it would not hit the broad side of a barn. The first one they sent me, stopped ejecting after about 60 rounds - they had either welded a piece on, or tried to build up the ejector with a bead of weld - either way it FAILED - nobody thought about having to re-heat treat the ejector, and it was horribly deformed. I have posted pictures of both of these "problem children" here (recycled receiver, and recycled receiver part2):
http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/forumdisp ... forumid=77
I hope the third one can leave their wharehouse in working order, but I am starting to wonder.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
The Galil forum on Uzi Talk has many people that swear by them - I am begining to wonder if all they have left in their inventory is junk though - if they can't make it right on the third try - I am demanding a full refund!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts