AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I see SG has them for $320 (Model #: 511-65) I would rather get a aimpoint, But who knows if SG well ever carry them I use SG becasue of there 4 month payment plarns.

Should I dive in and get one?

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
There's a reason why SG is blowing them out.

The 511 uses the N type batteries, and they eat them up for breakfast and are much more prone to having issues with heat and cold than the AA battery 512.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
i had a eotech 512 loved it prefer the reticle to that of an aimpoint.

however the battery life on a aimpoint puts it head and shoulders above the eotech

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have an EOTech 512 I chose this one because of the AA batteries, last longer and easier to replace. The EOTech has a great reticle with a 1MOA size dot and 65MOA ring around it, it requires no mounts. My friend has the Aimpoint it's battery lasts very very long and it's a 4 or 3 MOA size dot I think, but now Aimpoint has smaller sized dots on their new models, also consider that scope mounts will be needed for the Aimpoint. Anyways I like both of them pretty much the same so it all comes down to a matter of preference. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well I can't afford dropping $377 on a 512

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I've seen several Aimpoints go down during training, but have also witnessed failure of about five times that many EoTechs. Reading stories on the internet is one thing, but when you experience and see it for yourself at classes- And your famous instructors who travel nationwide/worldwide tell you what they see happen to their student's weapons- You start to recognize a pattern.

·
Registered
84 Posts
so wait, 320 is a good price but 370 is too much? I've got a 512 and its great. I wouldn't want to try to find N batteries in the zpaw.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
I have to concur on the Eotech advice, N vs AA. I bought the N version to save size. Battery life is a problem, and I wish I had the AA version. I only see a few EoTechs here in Afghanistan, with Aimpoints far outnumbering them. A few ACOGs as well.
I have an EoTech on my home AR, but chose an ACOG for my rifle here for longer range and NV capability. Either way, have a BUIS.

·
Registered
6 Posts
SoDak said:
So the general consensus is that the N cell models suck?
I have an N model that has made the trip to the sandbox and back and I love it, fits on a M4 and isn't too bulky. :smile:

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
likebuddah said:
SoDak said:
So the general consensus is that the N cell models suck?
I have an N model that has made the trip to the sandbox and back and I love it, fits on a M4 and isn't too bulky. :smile:
Not to get off topic, but great to see you over here. We dont' see much of you anymore in the hometown forums at the other site. :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts