AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought one of KF's FALs and finally got it from the FFL Saturday!

Some pics, click for an unreasonably large version:

It passes go and field gauges, need to check it with the nogo now that it finally came in. Loaded up my first 100 rounds of .308 today, hoping to get to a range to try it out and see what the deal is this weekend. According to KF it wouldn't cycle.

Scott

·
Super Moderator
26,318 Posts
Make sure you lube it up good, and then try and set the gas system to see what setting it likes. Post here if you have trouble cycling.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only trouble I had today was that the drive to the range is way too long! It cycled my handloads of 150 grain FMJ over 40 grains H4895 in a military case primed with WLR. It locked back on 5 rounds at 4.5, kicked it up to 3.5 till I couldn't find the brass, knocked it back to 4 and it hit the brass catcher at my bench and stayed in the vicinity.

One slight issue with the rifle, when slung up, seated at a shooting bench (didn't bring my mat for prone, best I could do...) my glasses were getting hit by the rear sight...

Otherwise, cool! I like this rifle.

Scott

·
Super Moderator
26,318 Posts
My STG runs on 4 as well. If you start to notice the brass being launched into low earth orbit, adjust your setting.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Good looking rifle, appears to be STG lower and front end, find ya a STOLL flash hider for that baby

1 - 5 of 5 Posts