AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts

Sounds like a plan (and the libturd screeching would be hilarious.
Last fall, winter, and spring, as we approached almost certain civil war, I looked around at what I had, what I needed, and my available funds.
And one phrase kept sticking out in bold letters:
"I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic"
I know that is from the oath of citizenship. It is apparent that all of us who were lucky enough to be born here, are born into that clause. And it, or something similar to it, is part of nearly every oath of office from the military to the presidency.

So, what about the government shouldering some of the costs of the citizen's responsibility to protect the constitution?

Issue everyone a AR15.
Provide supplies and funds for maintaining that firearm.
Provide supplies and funds for gaining and keeping proficiency in using that firearm.

Here we are with an unfunded mandate. We are expected to obtain, keep, and maintain the equipment to protect the nation from all enemies both foreign and domestic...

...and the nation is not kicking in anything to give us the ability to uphold our obligation.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Last fall, winter, and spring, as we approached almost certain civil war, I looked around at what I had, what I needed, and my available funds.
And one phrase kept sticking out in bold letters:
"I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic"
I know that is from the oath of citizenship. It is apparent that all of us who were lucky enough to be born here, are born into that clause. And it, or something similar to it, is part of nearly every oath of office from the military to the presidency.

So, what about the government shouldering some of the costs of the citizen's responsibility to protect the constitution?

Issue everyone a AR15.
Provide supplies and funds for maintaining that firearm.
Provide supplies and funds for gaining and keeping proficiency in using that firearm.

Here we are with an unfunded mandate. We are expected to obtain, keep, and maintain the equipment to protect the nation from all enemies both foreign and domestic...

...and the nation is not kicking in anything to give us the ability to uphold our obligation.
I keep remembering the movie "Mosul' wondering if I would be brave enough to actively defend my state under arms from criminals, terrorists, aliens whatever,

·
Registered
586 Posts
Citizenship should be predicated on owning a set of kit to be part of the Militia. The only exception being once you get past a certain age and have maintained your arms for a minimum period(like 10 years or so) prior to aging out.

So something like,

Citizenship, including the right to vote, is granted to every legal resident who meets the following Criteria,

1) You were born within the borders of the US and its territories OR are a legal permanent resident who has resided primarily within our borders for X years(5 seems like a good number).

2) Individuals who are between the ages of 16 and 60 who possess one of the following kits,

Option 1:
A self-loading select-fire center-fire rifle with a minimum barrel length of 8 inches chambered in 5.56x45 or 7.62x39
3 magazines with a minimum capacity of 30 rounds for the above weapon
200 rounds of ammunition.
Backpack capable of carrying 50 lbs.

Option 2:
Any rifle chambered in .30-06, .308, 7.62x54r, or 8mm Mauser that is mounted with a 4 power scope.
If the rifle has detachable magazines, 3 magazines are required.
100 rounds of ammunition.

Option 3:
Any weapon which can be classified as a SMG, LMG, or HMG. Must be chambered in either 9mm or .45 auto if an SMG. Must be chambered in 5.56x45, 7.62x39, or .50BMG if a LMG or HMG.
3 magazines OR 3 reusable belts as applicable to the chosen weapon.
1000 rounds of ammunition.

3) Individuals who are over the age of 60 who have met the requirements of second 2 for a minimum of 10 years prior to their 60th birthday shall receive permanent citizenship.

4) Individuals who volunteer for the armed forces shall have citizenship for the duration of their military service, and upon honorable discharge receive permanent citizenship.

Citizenship requirements will be verified upon a person's 16th birthday or any day after that date when a citizenship applicant wants to apply. You then bring proof that you meet the requirements to your local sheriffs or whatever other government office can verify you meet the requirements. Then you are a citizen and will receive a Photo ID proving as such. These IDs will be free.

Citizenship IDs must be renewed when the Census is conducted unless you have a permanent Citzenship from military service or from aging out of the militia requirement.. They should be renewed either by the Census takers themselves or the original issuing authority.

Voting will of course require the presentation of a currently valid Citizenship ID.

Citizens would be subject to draft at any time in the event of local, state, or national emergency OR in the event that the current flow of volunteers is insufficient for the armed forces normal operations. Sheriffs, Governors, and the President would be the officers with authority to call up draftees, though only in their areas.

In the event a person wishes to purchase the kit to be a citizen, but cannot directly afford it outright, The federal government will make available for purchase kits which meet the citzenship requirements. These kits shall be sold at cost to anybody, but can be sold as a zero interest zero downpayment loan which must be paid off within 10 years.

So if you are really poor, you can get a kit from the government and pay it off over 10 years with no interest.

I base this off how the Boer Republics made rifles available for purchase to their poorer citizens so they could meet the requirements.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Citizenship should be predicated on owning a set of kit to be part of the Militia. The only exception being once you get past a certain age and have maintained your arms for a minimum period(like 10 years or so) prior to aging out.

So something like,

Citizenship, including the right to vote, is granted to every legal resident who meets the following Criteria,

1) You were born within the borders of the US and its territories OR are a legal permanent resident who has resided primarily within our borders for X years(5 seems like a good number).

2) Individuals who are between the ages of 16 and 60 who possess one of the following kits,

Option 1:
A self-loading select-fire center-fire rifle with a minimum barrel length of 8 inches chambered in 5.56x45 or 7.62x39
3 magazines with a minimum capacity of 30 rounds for the above weapon
200 rounds of ammunition.

Option 2:
Any rifle chambered in .30-06, .308, 7.62x54r, or 8mm Mauser that is mounted with a 4 power scope.
If the rifle has detachable magazines, 3 magazines are required.
100 rounds of ammunition.

Option 3:
Any weapon which can be classified as a SMG, LMG, or HMG. Must be chambered in either 9mm or .45 auto if an SMG. Must be chambered in 5.56x45, 7.62x39, or .50BMG if a LMG or HMG.
3 magazines OR 3 reusable belts as applicable to the chosen weapon.
1000 rounds of ammunition.

3) Individuals who are over the age of 60 who have met the requirements of second 2 for a minimum of 10 years prior to their 60th birthday shall receive permanent citizenship.

4) Individuals who volunteer for the armed forces shall have citizenship for the duration of their military service, and upon honorable discharge receive permanent citizenship.

Citizenship requirements will be verified upon a person's 16th birthday or any day after that date when a citizenship applicant wants to apply. You then bring proof that you meet the requirements to your local sheriffs or whatever other government office can verify you meet the requirements. Then you are a citizen and will receive a Photo ID proving as such. These IDs will be free.

Citizenship IDs must be renewed when the Census is conducted unless you have a permanent Citzenship from military service or from aging out of the militia requirement.. They should be renewed either by the Census takers themselves or the original issuing authority.

Voting will of course require the presentation of a currently valid Citizenship ID.

Citizens would be subject to draft at any time in the event of local, state, or national emergency OR in the event that the current flow of volunteers is insufficient for the armed forces normal operations. Sheriffs, Governors, and the President would be the officers with authority to call up draftees, though only in their areas.

In the event a person wishes to purchase the kit to be a citizen, but cannot directly afford it outright, The federal government will make available for purchase kits which meet the citzenship requirements. These kits shall be sold at cost to anybody, but can be sold as a zero interest zero downpayment loan which must be paid off within 10 years.

So if you are really poor, you can get a kit from the government and pay it off over 10 years with no interest.

I base this off how the Boer Republics made rifles available for purchase to their poorer citizens so they could meet the requirements.
On the same vein - didn't a county in Ga stip thats it main town, to be a resident there, you had to have a gun at the residence?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Love this idea.
I can just imagine the snowflake generation walking around with any one of the described kits trying to figure out where to but their iphone, and how come their ear buds don’t pass for ear pro on the range...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts