AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of Tuesday morning, there is still a lot of discrepancies among the hurricane forecast models regarding the intensity, track and speed of Hurricane Gustav over the next five days.

One of the more trusted models shows a category 4 hurricane in the central Gulf by early Sunday morning. Another shows a category 4 hurricane just north of Cuba. That's a difference of about 300 miles. Still another model shows a category 2 hurricane closer to the Yucatan, although that model has not been performing as well this season.

We have a long, holiday weekend coming up during which most people will be outdoors, and not inside watching the news. There is a lot of uncertainty about Gustav. We should be prepared to go into hurricane mode by Sunday if the first scenario plays out.

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
Didja test the new gennie yet? :twisted:

·
Registered
900 Posts
most people will be outdoors, and not inside watching the news. There is a lot of uncertainty about Gustav. We should be prepared to go into hurricane mode
Anything driven by wind is unpredictable; enjoy your weekend but don't keep your head in the sand. Most people prefer to ignore it until its on a direct track to them: these are the ones frequently caught unprepared. Not something one can afford to do in the case of a hurricane.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didja test the new gennie yet?
GTG!!! :cool: Now I just need to stockpile fuel and stabilizer.

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
j_tudeski said:
Didja test the new gennie yet?
GTG!!! :cool: Now I just need to stockpile fuel and stabilizer.
:dance:

Now is a good time to buy fuel. I'm gonna rotate out my supply this week. I like the Pri-G stabilizer myself, but purchase it mail order. I've never seen it on a store shelf 'roun heeyah.

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Not leavin' this time, other logistics got dropped in my lap recently so the best I can do is concentrate on food and medical.

today (Sat)

Headed to Port Arthur to pick up a 308 Saiga from the FFL.
PA is 20 miles south of here and flooded very badly during Rita so I don't wanna risk losin' the rifle through whatever might happen to the store it's at.

GI Surplus
Mosquito netting for my mother. If we lose power, she'll need to open her 2nd story windows, it'll keep the wasps/skeeters and birds at bay. I also need some new t-shirts from there.

Dollar stores, Wallyworld etc
Battery clock and maybe an AM/FM radio.

No, not screamin' "OMFG-DOOMSDAY", just tryin' to collect some thoughts. In the graphics I posted in the "Gustav" thread, the purple line has pointed at my front porch twice. Just hopin' whoever is drawin' that line is mistaken.

Thanks to 'j' for startin' the thread and others for participating.

t

·
Registered
97 Posts
Come to west Tx...

Hey Tudeski you know you got a place to crash here!

Dude gas was $3.41 Thur, Fri $3.49, today (Sat) it's $3.59! What's up with that? My 92 Ford is hatin' life!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts