AK Rifles banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is eye-opening!

In WWII, Japan's highest ranking naval officer was Isoruku Yamamoto.
Although he was Japanese, and his loyalties were unquestionably with The
Empire, he studied for many years in America, graduating from Harvard
University. There is an oft-repeated (and sometimes disputed) quote
attributed to him regarding the possibility of any nation taking a war
to American soil:

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle
behind every blade of grass."

Here is why he was correct:
----------------------------------------------------
America's Hunters. The World's Largest Army.

The state of Wisconsin has gone an entire deer hunting season without
someone getting killed. That's great, considering there were over
600,000 hunters that got permits this year.

Allow me to restate that number

Over the last two months, the eighth largest army in the world - more
men under arms than Iran; more than France and Germany combined -
deployed to the woods of a single American state to keep the deer
population under control.

But that pales in comparison to the 750,000 who are in the woods of
Pennsylvania this week. Michigan's 700,000 hunters have now returned
home. Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia, and it is
literally the case that the hunters of those four states alone would
comprise the largest army in the world.

And that is just FOUR states.

The total population of registered hunters in America today ranges from
23 million to 43.7 million individuals. (Based on annual data provided
by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.)

As long as the American Hunter retains his right to Bear Arms, America
will forever be safe from foreign invasion of troops.

Hunting - it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of
national security. :amen:

Keep on shootin' Guys!! :animak:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I dont think equating hunters to soldiers is accurate. Have you seen some of these guys?

Although, I have been in hunting camps before and there was plenty of soldier-like behaviour (if said soldiers were on leave in a foreign city)!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I feel where you are coming from. Here where i live in PA though i know women who can shoot flintlock muzzleloaders better than most city folk can a rifle. But we are all in this as a team. I'd have to say that if a person owns a firearm, particulary a long gun they are pretty sufficiant in using it. Everybody knows one or two guys who suck at shootin' and could not hit the broadside of a barn..but forieners do not know this and numbers mean alot in stats of gun ownership. Lets just hope they (our Government) don't dry up ammo supply lines to us. That in my opinion is there only means of taking firearms away from American citizens. Belive what you want but i'm sure terroristic groups take into account armed American citizens. God bless America....keep on shootin'! :animak:
P.S. MaadiMan....Awesome avitar!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I can see how it can be correlated, but I agree that it is not the same thing. The one thing we get out of hunting though that we cannot get out of other things is that the animals are independently moving targets that cannot be fully predicted. I figure that is about as close as those of us who do not serve in the military in combat will get to such circumstances. Granted herds of hogs do not shoot back at you, but paper targets do not scatter, run, and disperse either . . . Then there is also the stalking, tracking, and ambushing of the prey, which are also things done in combat, but deer do not shot back or plant IEDs.

The main thing I get from this post is that several hundred thousand people own rifles and go use them.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Animals are not like humans. They don't fight back. BUT.....they are tougher and require greater precision. All the best shots in the military are country boys who either regularly hunt or have a history of hunting. Not factual, it's just been MY experience. The fact of the matter is anybody with a bolt action rifle and magnified optic is considered a potential sniper by any foreign army. We'd think the same.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
At 49 years old, I popped my hunting cherry 10/2020. Specifically 10/13/2020. Shot ol' boy in the aorta from 300 yards with my 6.5x55 Swede Mauser, he dropped like a stone. After a couple of trips out trying to stalk an antelope across the prairie proved to be futile, I changed my tactics and set up an ambush on public land in some boulders and trees along a run where I had previous spied some antelope and mule deer.

Will be doing the same this fall, and am mentoring my 23 year old as well.

Hunting has been on the steady decline for a few years now.

Antelope backstraps grilled/wrapped in bacon are a gift from Heaven.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
China is asshoe!

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Chinese Communists sound the same as American Marxists.

Hunting helped Sergeant York. Hunting is why he knew to shoot the Germans from back to front in the line of six that charged him. If he started at the front, the other German soldiers would have seen the ones in front of them being killed.

As York explained:

“I teched off the sixth man first; then the fifth; then the fourth; then the third; and so on. That’s the way we shoot wild turkeys at home. You see we don’t want the front ones to know that we’re getting the back ones, and then they keep on coming until we get them all. Of course, I hadn’t time to think of that. I guess I jes naturally did it. I knowed, too, that if the front ones wavered, or if I stopped them the rear ones would drop down and pump a volley into me and get me.”

·
Registered
99 Posts
Once upon a time a smallish army made up of hunters, farmers , explorers backed up by independent militia made up of the same , challanged and defeated the most powerful military on the planet at the time.

For 40 yrs or so now a bunch of religious zealot goat herders have defeated and or stood off until we quit, 2 military superpowers. Using rpgs, small arms and homemade bombs.

No nation on earth is stupid enough to attempt landing troops on U.S. soil. Even if we had no standing army

1 - 10 of 10 Posts