AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not trying to slam them but they must be hitting the bottom of the barrel. All three of mine will be sent back first thing in the morning due to them being shit. There are chunks missing from the stocks, deep gouges, and cracked handguards. Finnish is about 65-70%, bent trigger guards and I quit looking after that. I just put them back in the box and taped them up. More than likely I will not take my chances with an exchange, I will be ordering some yugos from someone else since they are actually in better shape :neutral: go figure. Just wanted to give yall a heads up. Wait till they go down to 100$ if they do, and then still probably buy yourselves a yugo.

ETA: I hope this doesn't hurt the SER. I hope yall already got the kits and they are in good shape if not expect to find some new wood for them. Good luck.

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately. I was very dissapointed. One was fair but still not like they said (light handling and storage marks). All my romy's, yugo's, and polish kits were alot nicer.

·
Super Moderator
10,329 Posts
I have bitten my tongue on other boards that CFS is a sponsor but they do knowingly send out alot of shit. Then make you suck up return shipping. That is why they have women pimping their products on the various boards. If they had a man as a rep for CFS, then it would be gloves off and game on.

Best of luck.

Hootbro

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I hate to tell them I will not be paying return shipping. Cracked stocks are not slight handling marks. If they say no they will not take them without me paying shipping my CC company will be called. They will have one choice full refund with return tag and a schedule UPS pick up from my house or I get 3 free shit kits.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Keep us informed of how this goes. I have been on the receiving end of a bad kit deal before, and know what a pain in the ass it can be.

G

·
You don't want to know what I say to that do you? :twisted:

You could have probably got a better set from akparts.com but I believe his select kits are sold out now.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
according to Lois they were temporarily out of the SA85s when i ordered last Fri.....mine is shipping in the morning with a new shipment....we will see what happens

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I got some pics. If I can get off my lazy ass and load them on my computer I will. I will say that the entire conversation was fairly decent. The only thing that got me irritated was the fact they said they will not send a call tag but would reimburse my shipping. I said cant do that just get me a call tag because I'm not driving to ups when it wasn't my fault. In the end got a 100% refund when the kits go back. So I'm fairly happy with the exception of having to find 3 nice fixed stock kits for my friends. Mak I checked akparts a couple of weeks back but they were out of stock, thanks for the heads up though.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
They've kicked me in the balls twice. 1 hand select RPK kit and 1 HK buttstock. I doubt I'll go back for a third. :evil:

I'm still pissed and it's been over or close to a year.

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know. I figured I'd take my chances since they are suppling the kits for the SER. Man was I wrong. I hope my rpk comes in half way decent (different supplier). I'll let yall know how that turns out when it gets here. I really don't think I'll be doing business there until I here an assload of positive responses.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Hootbro said:
I have bitten my tongue on other boards that CFS is a sponsor but they do knowingly send out alot of shit. Then make you suck up return shipping. That is why they have women pimping their products on the various boards. If they had a man as a rep for CFS, then it would be gloves off and game on.

Best of luck.

Hootbro
Seems to work for them. Maybe Jokin' ought to have tried that strategy. :lol:

I have bought a lot of kits from CFS. Some have been stinkers, but overall they've been decent.

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm not really trying to come off like I'm bashing CFS, I just wanted to let yall know that the hungarians may be down to the worst ones. They took care of me pretty good. Its just the kits I'm really dissapointed in. As long as they are taking them back with a complete refund I'm cool. If anyone decides to order one I damn sure wouldn't pay the extra $30 for a hand pick.

·
Super Moderator
10,329 Posts
Fury_58 said:
Hootbro said:

Best of luck.

Hootbro
Seems to work for them. Maybe Jokin' ought to have tried that strategy. :lol:

I have bought a lot of kits from CFS. Some have been stinkers, but overall they've been decent.
Well I have been censured on other boards for calling out Pam and Lois. I have been a happy customer over the years with CFS until early last year. What chapped my ass started with in early 2005 when Lois started to pimp the first yugo kits before anybody got them. CFS claimed they were all excellent and took preorders for them. I preordered both a fixed and underfolder yugo kit on the basis they were good to excellent. Well I go on a business trip for 3 weeks and come back to find my yugo kits laying in my office. Both had issues and were not the way they sold them to me on the preorder. Top that with there 3 day inspection period I went way passed for being out of town and I ate these kits. Next came the Romy RPK kits they pimped. Same deal, kit was a smooth bore and ate return shipping. Next came the SA85 kit with bad wood.

What chaps my ass is that you have to ass sniff Pam and Lois to get preferred treatment to actual get what is advertised or a special deal when it should have been like that to begin with for what I payed. I call a spade a spade and am calling out CFS for knowingly selling shit kits and playing the odds most will not complain and accept them. Well I say fuck that. :evil:

Hootbro

Hootbro,I edited out the last 10 words of this post,please refrain from name calling.JOHNO

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
It sucks to have to bite your tongue, when you can't legitimately criticize someone b/c they're a site sponsor.

I'm glad to see Jokin's finally got the boot from gunsnet. They were a black eye for that site--their sponsorship gave them credibility they didn't deserve. I actually caught a little bit of guff from you a couple years ago for ripping on a site sponsor there--I was a little over the top in my remarks, though. :smile:

·
Super Moderator
9,409 Posts
Fury_58 said:
It sucks to have to bite your tongue, when you can't legitimately criticize someone b/c they're a site sponsor.
There are no site sponsors on this board.

I don't have any problems with someone posting their experiences with any vendor on the internet. I prefer the posts to be within the constraints of the rules of this board.

I've talked on the phone with Shane of Centerfire a few times and I also purchased an AMD-65 kit from him at Knob Creek. He seems to be a nice guy and I've never had any problems with the company.

KF

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I got 3 SA_85 kits from CFS about 2 weeks ago and all fell well below my expectations. All of them were fair at best on finish and wood. The wood was dirtier than most Yugo ,not cosmoed-up but just really dirty. 2 stocks had small chips missing and one had pretty bad gouges in it. Not bad enough to return but not what I was expecting and BTW I did get hand-select however it was at no extra charge. Now the other 7 kits were Kick ass Romi "G" KIts with sidefolder and laminated wood and 2 pretty good Yugo kits for 119.00 each with better than fair bores maybe even "good" both easly passed the bullet test. Oh yeah I bought 5 Soumi kits too with Drums kit was 20.00 and drums were 14.95 ea. I will be building 4 of these Soumi's.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
bigale said:
better not be shitty kit's with our hungarian rifles....
Troy is going to hand pick our kits himself,no worries there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts