AK Rifles banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked one of these up on gunbroker.

Gunbroker Pics:

Seller stated these were Hungarian Miltary Issue Muzzle covers. I picked it up for $5. Has anyone else seen these? Are these ligit? - Never seen one before.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Never seen it, never heard of it. It's pleather so it can be Hungarian, but it sure as hell isnt standard issue. Or am i blind and is it real leather?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I paid $5 so no big loss if is not real... It should be in next week.
I'll post more picts and see if it has any stamps/etc.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the "Muzzle cover" in the mail on Monday and here are my finds...

It is made of brown "pleather" with light weight green straps. No stamps or other markings. In new condition.

I placed the cover over a AMD65 short barrel with the factory muzzle brake and it is simply too big. So idea one shot down...

Then after further inspection I noticed the sides were curved and the floor of the bag was box shaped.

I proceeded to slip 3-20 round Hungarian mags into it and they fit like a glove.

Did the Hungarian Army make "Blister Packs" for their 20 round mags??

I'll post picts when I get to the house..

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I snapped some picts. Hopefully someone can verify that my assumption is correct.

Fits 3 - 20 rounders perfectly.

·
Banned
2,301 Posts
It does have a mag like shape from the side view. Will be interesting to find out for sure what it is. Maybe it's a Hungarian chipendales dancer's thong. :eek:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hi skott!

I begin to search for your stuff. Former Hungarian soldiers doesn't know that. The official bag for 3 pcs of 20 rds mags was this.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hey everyone!

The mistery has been solved!
This magazine bag is used by civil armed guards who used AMD-65.
Bags like the military brown and green are made and used for AKs too, for 4 pieces of 30 rounds magazines, in this light brown colour, but without the holder of the oil and the cleaning set.
These civil guards was protected important warehouses, factories, and etc.
The guy who answer me, has more different magazine bags, I asked him to make pictures from them, and write about them some, to help everyone in recognization in the future.

·
Registered
42 Posts
kalasnyikov.hu said:
The guy who answer me, has more different magazine bags, I asked him to make pictures from them, and write about them some, to help everyone in recognization in the future.
Does he have some of these for sale? Its missing from my collection.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think the guy on gunbroker has more - I will ask.

·
Registered
221 Posts
12gaugeak said:
kalasnyikov.hu said:
Does he have some of these for sale? Its missing from my collection.
I will ask him, if he answers my pm on 9mm.hu.
You could find him there anyway.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts