AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This place is GREAT. Great idea, great people, great look. Whereever I go I look around and if I'm the bottom of the barrel, I'm happy!

Statement of Purpose:
I am as much an AR whore as the next arfkommer. I've got my thousand dollar AR's with two grand of crap on them. Heck, I've got three of those with another on the way!

But there's something so simple, functional, and beautiful about the AK that those who are drawn to it seem to produce nicer forums, topics and heck, people! It's funny that when I stare at and fawn over my favorite AK, I see a utilitarian masterpiece, something so simple and reliable and wholesome that it just seems so downright...........American.

So... while I will in no way abandon arfkom, (which complain if you will but they sure are doing a good job when you consider the recent growth e.g. adding relgion and EE forums were great ideas), I will be sure to check in here at least 12 times a day here, chime in, ask questions, buy crap I want but don't need and post pics for everyone!

Now the state of my present AK's:

I recently entered a financial crisis and had to sell two of my favorite AKs - a SAM5 with many mags and a kobra,and a perfect ORF74 with beautiful wood, a RSA trigger and a 3.5x21 scope. I've been through a WASR, an SAR2, a Norinco 56S, a Krebs AK103, and a Romak3. Looking back on them the only ones I really truly regret are the custom ones, e.g. the krebs and ORF. The SAM was nice, but it didn't do anything my least expensive AR couldn't do at less weight. That's just my opnion, but I'm sticking with it.

My present stock includes:

AMD65 by Jnewt still haven't had the balls to fire her. She's a freaking work of art. I have, however, collected 3K rounds of wolf HP and two drums and 30 20 rounds mags for her! She's finished in dead black with stainless pins, sights and trigger. absolutely gorgeous.

Vepr II 308 about to get her from my FFL. Popping on a POSP pro 8x, cheekrest, bipod and praying RA gets their ass together to get me some mags.

Saiga 22" 308, going to AKUSA for extensive mods: RSA trigger, Galil grip, Ace folding no-tang stock with cheekrest, KVAR low weaver rail, IOR super M2 6x in 308, harris bipod.

Saiga 16" 308, also going to AKUSA for G2 trigger, bolt on rails on bottom and sides of handguard, Vltor stock, G47 grip, Ace rear site/scope mount with meprolight rear tritium aperature and XS front night sight, also have an aimpoint M68 for the top on an ARMS mount.

both saigas are getting threaded extentions welded on after chris is done with them so I can put vortex's on.

Then they're gonna get refinished in advanced amstrip by LTM.

I've got 6 saiga 308 mags and the tromix 20rd prototype coming, with cans full of M852 and M118LR.

I expect tiny tiny groups fo holes from the 22".

Sorry for the rambling, but I wanted everyone to know where I stand. I think I'm gonna put my colelction and its status in my sigline. I've seen other people do this on other gun-specific boards, and I liked the idea.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
chapperjoe said:
Statement of Purpose:
I am as much an AR whore as the next arfkommer. I've got my thousand dollar AR's with two grand of crap on them. Heck, I've got three of those with another on the way!
Shhh. :eek: I don't like to admit stuff like that.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
xcibes said:
Come on Joe, is this the AMD I sold you? If so what the hell are you waiting for dude, it was made for shooting, go ahead and ENJOY it. If you don't shoot this by this weekend, I want it backl! :grin:
I've got tons of mags, all loaded up, just can't bring myself to do it. :goof:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts