AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing an underfolder trunion in my MAADI. My question is this. If you were me, what method would you use to install this one rear trunion? Rivets?, U drives?, Screws? I'm not going to be building a bunch of stuff, and just have this need

I really want to do the rivets because of the look, but I don't want to go overboard with riveting jigs, etc. What are the minimum tools would you use to install the rivets?

Thanks

·
Banned
413 Posts
The first thing you need to check is if you can use the same rivet holes that are already in your Maadi receiver for use in the UF trunnion. I think all UF trunnion's have 3 rivet holes on ea. side so you'll have to drill one extra hole ea. side in your receiver as well.

Then you have to drill the large and small holes in the receiver for the parts that work in the UF trunnion so it will fold, not a small task if you ask me.

HTH,
Bill

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I suggest 10-32 button head allen screws you only have to buy the screws and a tap in order to get it done. Then red locltite them in. You can always fill the heads with JB weld and smooth them over. They are hard to tell from rivets if you do it right.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Don't F up a nice rifle.

Do it right or send it to someone who can. Please.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts