AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
In my mind, lethal force was justified the moment he raised up to swing at the driver's side window, after he had hit the head lights. I would have had to fire two rounds at his center of mass in order to prevent him from smashing through my window and seriously injuring me.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Fearing for my life, I fired two rounds in his general direction. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :evil:

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
I keep pepper spray in my car too for situations in the gray area.

I'd get the hell out of there as my first course of action.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I have seen that one before. If it was me I would make sure he would need a wheelchair ramp to get to the car next time he tried it.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
i'd hit him with the car.

i suspect if you stepped out with a pistol drawn on him his attitude would change very rapidly though.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
No leo..but I think that would be justified to run him over or shoot his ass. If I was on the jury and witnessed the video you as the shooter would be getting off.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Family or no family in the car, He came around drivers window after stricking the car, "I felt my life was in danger"

·
Registered
519 Posts
In this state about the time he started busting windows is about the time lethal force would be justified...There is no better deterrent than a gaping chest wound. Sadly there would probably be some bleeding heart liberal defense attorney or possibly minority prosecutor that would/could use your justified shooting as force unjustified by your ability to escape, your defense would probably have to wrap around how "scared" you were or how concerned you were for possible injury to your loved ones in the car with you, or even the possibility of you smashing into a car and injuring someone else. I say if you can evade the maniac safely do so, otherwise center-punch him and wait for the man.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
The video here would have cleared you most likely. Without the video it would be up to you. Points I would make:
1. unable to escape-tried forwards and back.
2. suspect was "focused" on you and did not attack anyone else. unlikely to move on or stop.
3. suspect was "raving".
4. suspect was armed and demonstrated a willingness to use the weapon.
5. you had your sweet darling little girl with you, all straped into the back seat unable to escape.
6. you feared for you life or anothers.
7. you explored all escape options, opening the door was out of the question.
8. Attack was on going and with many people present but NO ONE came to your aid.

As one of our local Sheriffs once said about a shooting he was involved in. "Why did you shoot him 6 times?"
"Because thats all the revolver had in it."

Just remember YOU must justify your actions to
1. responding officers
2. responding officers supervisors
3. District Attorney's Office
4. 12 jurors who have DAYS to decide what you should have done and decided in 5 seconds.
5. Most importantly, yourself for the rest of your life

REST ASSURED there IS a bleeding-heart-anti-gun-racist-publicity-whore lawyer out there who could make your life a living hell no matter what.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
veprx4 said:
Fearing for my life, I fired two rounds in his general direction. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :evil:
The proper thing to say is...

"Fearing for my life and those of my family, i fired until he ceased
to become a threat."

KyAKGuy

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
KyAKGuy said:
veprx4 said:
The proper thing to say is...

"Fearing for my life and those of my family, i fired until he ceased
to become a threat."

KyAKGuy
+1 Though I think he would cease to be a threat after 2 well placed 45ACP rounds. But yes, keep firing until the threat is ended.

·
Registered
446 Posts
i too would run him over.............................REPEATEDLY! :twisted:

·
Registered
784 Posts
I have heard that this was staged for bum fights II but the driver seemed quite scared. I have seen it on several different forums

But I would have shot him it appears that one's life was in danger

1 - 20 of 30 Posts