AK Rifles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How on earth do you use a sling on a left side folding AK-74?
The front sling attachment is on the left side of the gun, and the rear sling attachment is on the RIGHT side. Seems like a conflict of interests. I am confused.
Can someone explain how to attach the sling? Can someone explain how to use it?
Any pics or info would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Thread from our reference library - http://www.theakforum.net/forums/15-ak-reference-library/68-how-install-military-sling-your-ak.html

I love the way it is setup. I keep it so that when the stock is open, the sling is very tight to it. When the stock is closed, it is easy to carry/real close to your body. I recommend trying different things with it until you find one that suits you. For mine, I actually put both leather retainers on the same side, and wrap the "extra" length of the sling back around the buttstock. Pics probably will explain better -

crappy pic of it, but this shows how it becomes pretty easy to carry. Some people like a lot of slack though so it's all preference:

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, were the side folders intended to be carried with the strap only when the gun is folded? Is there a way to carry them with the butt extended?

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
So, were the side folders intended to be carried with the strap only when the gun is folded? Is there a way to carry them with the butt extended?
I'm not sure if that was protocol or not, but you certainly don't have to do it that way. There is a lot of material there to wear it however suits you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just put the sling through the loop and around the entire wrist of the stock. Don't like the way it's shown in the video personally. I like the sling hanging loose around my neck so I can drop the rifle and do whatever quickly.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bigsandy, can you explain your sling method a little better? Do you go under or over the wrist of the stock? Which way is the gun oriented when it is slung? A pic would be great. Or just more detail. Thanks. I'm looking for the best way to carry.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
bigsandy, can you explain your sling method a little better? Do you go under or over the wrist of the stock? Which way is the gun oriented when it is slung? A pic would be great. Or just more detail. Thanks. I'm looking for the best way to carry.
If carrying is your main goal, I'd check out the current production single point sling - Russian current issue single point sling

Definitely plan on picking one up soon myself

1 - 11 of 11 Posts