AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,386 Posts
Very clever, I didn't get the design until he lit the flame. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
476 Posts
FYI there are much MUCH better designs that are just as cheap and easy to build. I've experimented with several dozen designs over the years (they're fun to build/experiment with) and pressurized stoves are by far the most efficient and boil the fastest. Here's a good jumping off point with quite a few tips/tricks.

Zen Backpacking Stoves - Home of the Alcohol Stove

·
Registered
277 Posts
I just tried it, freakin cool. took a couple tries to get the top right, if your not careful and rush you will puncture the sides while cutting the top.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Try the DIY 'can cutter' in the link I provided, works like a champ. :p

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Try the DIY 'can cutter' in the link I provided, works like a champ. :p
Couldn't find it. 'Course I only looked for a few minutes......

I'm going to try one of the stoves in the OP- wish me luck.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Thanks for posting. I'll need to try and make one of those.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I tried the stove in the vid- couldn't get it to light beyond an initial "pop". Maybe it was because the dr pepper can I used has a concave bottom?

·
Registered
476 Posts
It's just a crappy design, nothing to do with the bottom.
Follow any of plans on the DIY site I linked to, the tip sections will lay things out as well as provide problem solutions.

These are probably the easiest and most foolproof Zen Alcohol Stoves - Low Pressure SideBurner Alcohol Stoves

One of the simplest pressurized Zen Alcohol Stoves - Basic SideBurner Alcohol Stove

One of the most used in the field Zen Alcohol Stoves - Simplified Zen Alcohol Sideburner Stove

Likely one of the best designs, a bit fiddle to make, but boils better than most high dollar commercial Zen Alcohol Stoves - Basic Pressure Jet Alcohol Stove
(i use a variation of this one I've worked up that is self priming)

·
Registered
22,629 Posts
The real trick is turning a stove into beer.

Reactions: Zurn

·
Premium Member
13,386 Posts
ha..drink a twelve pack and when you wake up the next day...waalaah...little stoves everywhere....:twirl:

·
Registered
22,629 Posts
ha..drink a twelve pack and when you wake up the next day...waalaah...little stoves everywhere....:twirl:
That would be pretty impressive to drunkenly assemble little stoves.

I've woken up the next morning and opened the fridge to find food I don't remember cooking... but I've never done arts and crafts while hammered

·
Premium Member
13,386 Posts

I've woken up the next morning and opened the fridge to find food I don't remember cooking... but I've never done arts and crafts while hammered
hahahaha....:roflmao::roflmao:

Edit: An old friend got Bud brained one evening and assembled a basket case motorcycle in his basement. Sober the next day he realized there was
no way to get a fully assembled motorcycle OUT of the basement...:eek:

·
Banned
950 Posts

One time when I was hammered at a party, I cooked an entire Italian style dinner for the entire party. I even made Eggplant Parmigiana, yet I have never made it before or for that matter, knew how to make it. People were eating it and commenting how great it was- course we were drunk so it could of been pig assholes and no one would have known the difference.

·
Super Moderator
26,347 Posts
Pretty damn cool! These work on the same principle as the Swede stoves made by Trangia. Here is a short video on the use of these with a complete Swede cooking kit:

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
7n6 that's funny the eggplant partys you used to throw for your drunken friends. wish I could have been there I had some myself we could just never find any eggplants ha ha! I was wondering about what to feed my little stove if no rubbing alcohol left. would gasoline not be safe enough? any other sources of fuel?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts