AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have never had to remove the rear sight from one of my AK's. A little more help please.

Thanks,

JJS

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
If you have a drill press... it's easier to chuck a small size bit backwards and use that instead of a punch.... makes it easier to depress the leaf spring.

·
Registered
107 Posts
1. do your safety check.

2. secure your rifle on a vise , if no vise then have another person hold the rifle firmly but do not have their hands near the rear sight.

3. i prefer to use a sharp tool with a handle but you may use the "L" shape front sight adjusting tool that comes in the cleaning kit.

4. place the tool in the gap which is in front of the ladder , press in hard to depress the leaf spring below the ladder and with the other hand push down on the ladder and slide it toward the rear.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Success!!

Thanks for the replies.

I chucked a pin punch in the drill press and the sight came right out. I had tried before with just the punch without success. The drill press was so much better because I had the stub in a vise so it was not going anywhere and it was so easy to pull the handle of the drill press with one hand and slide out the sight with the other.

Regards,

JJS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts