AK Rifles banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Lot of young (relatively) folks standing there. I'd wager most of them don't have children either. They probably just need to have a few more experiences in life first to see how quickly things can go sideways.

·
Registered
297 Posts
If so, they did a good job. You have wind blowing in the mic, clothes flapping which corresponds to wind blowing through the trees. All easy enough to imitate though.

The one item that's pretty suspicious is, even in this longer version, after the tank stops, none of the people pass a certain point between them and the tank. You'd think at least one person's first thought would be to walk up to the tank or driver afterwards. Nobody reacts to the smoke/dust either.

LiveLeak.com - Tank brake test

·
Registered
297 Posts
I don't doubt the braking ability at all but they do look like they're in front of a green screen though.

At 32 seconds in the back row of people, starting third from the left all the way to the eighth guy, there's some pretty heavy artifacting. It's most clear in the guy third from the left who turns around. A quarter of his head disappears by second 33.

·
Registered
811 Posts
There is some pretty heavy artifacting because it's a video that has been uploaded and downloaded a few times and shot a while ago.. It's not hi-res HD video.. It's low-res DV (SD) video with heavy compressing..

·
Registered
297 Posts
Very true but it seems the artifacting only happens where the tank interacts with the people though. Maybe that's because the tank's motion is being interpolated by the compression and affects the people too. I know nothing about video though; that's just what my amateur eyes see.

I have no dog in this hunt though. Sure, it could be real. Either way, it did what it was supposed to (get people to talk about it).

·
Technical Advisor
16,054 Posts
That was the third brake test run of the tank. The first two were failures and the results were some very flat people in suits. :)

·
Banned
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That was the third brake test run of the tank. The first two were failures and the results were some very flat people in suits. :)
That is correct, people in the Netherlands are disposable and due to limited budgets, are used to test equipment. For instance, they don't have crash test dummies in the Netherlands, just people selected at random off the streets.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts