AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys,the title says it all.I was asked if I would be interested in POSSIBLY buying a pre ban MAADI that one of the owners of my neighborhood fun shop has.He says it comes with the original papers,a "certificate"?,and original sn matching bayonet.No price mentioned,but what is a fair price for one of these non butthole stocked models?He claims that no rounds have been put through it since he bought it new.
Any feedback is appreciated
dat85
ps:He hasn't made up his mind whether or not to sell,but if he does,I want to be ready to deal.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
If it includes the box and all accessories and is truly a pre-ban... depending on the importer and condition... $1,200 to $1,800.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got a little more info,Steyr built rifle.
By the way,I posted up here in general discussion as I thought more people might look up here before moving to the "specialized" catagories.
MODS FEEL FREE TO MOVE IF DESIRED! :hail:
Thanks,
dat85

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
We'll let it ride in GD for a couple days before moving it to the Egyptian Forum.

·
Banned
4,277 Posts
I would make darn sure, before you go putting money on the table, that it is a real pre- 89 MAADI, and not one that has been hilljack up with the importer name on it, and being passed off as a pre-89.

there is a guy on another thread, that got took, thinking he bought a pre-89 MAADI.

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
sorry, but i wouldnt pay over a grand. there are plenty of chicom prebans out there, and id take one of those over a maadi any day of the week.

·
Banned
698 Posts
Isn't Steyr the one and only importer of the preban Maadi, all other (postban) Maadis were brought in by others.

The Steyr mark is required for it to be preban.

Hey, this does belong down there, those forums get lots of traffic.

·
Banned
4,277 Posts
s70fan said:
Isn't Steyr the one and only importer of the preban Maadi, all other (postban) Maadis were brought in by others.

The Steyr mark is required for it to be preban.
correct, the only one that is a pre-89 is a steyr import

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You guys rock! :allright:
I knew if I started this up in GEN DISC I would get some good feedback.
I haven't even begun to talk $$$ with the owner about this rifle.He knows I love AK's and he is a friend that I have worked with over the years.He has gotten me some great deals on guns and I intend to give him a good offer on the rifle.He has owned the rifle since 1989.This Iknow.Having known him 20+years kind of gives me a handle on where he is coming from.I value my friends more than guns.If I can't give him a fair price,I will show him where to post it for sale.
The expertise on this forum is why I joined.
Thanks to one and all.
dat85

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Trueno said:
This is the 10th time it's been listed, hasn't sold yet. Doesn't actually say which one you're biddin' on, neglects to say whether it's been fired too.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=107800228

t

Handled and fired(used), with only one magazine, no original box/manual/serial numbered and signed certificate... basically, not what a die hard collector wants.

Thats why he won't get the money. That one definitely should have about $200 or so taken off of the price.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts