AK Rifles banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,963 Posts
Buy as much as you can while you can, because if the prices don't go higher, the regulations will.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The world doesn't need more panic buyers is my $.02.

I've only about 10 years in the ammo seeking world, this is the worst shortage I've seen. Biden's proposed gun regulations are worse than Obama likely even whispered in private. Add to that COVID, unrest, threats of civil war etc. But the world isn't ending yet and it's not permanent.

If you have 1000 rounds already, don't is my opinion. If you've got nothing, then sure get some stuff.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Where'd you hear this nugget? The problem is that it's generally not against the law to import ammunition. He'd have to get a new law past giving him such power. If he does step over the line significantly, it will be taken to court.

Most everybody buys when prices are high and doesn't buy when prices are low. Save your money and only buy what you need to shoot in order to get by until prices become reasonable. It's very likely that the Republicans will regain the House in two years. When/if that happens, ammo prices will go down significantly.
Doesn’t need to pass a law. Executive order. Politicians do not care about the Constitution.

Reactions: Judi

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
To much is never enough. Raising 2 kids the last twenty years I bought what was reasonable when I could.

The folks who thought I was nuts are asking to buy from me now and I’m not selling. The only ammo I will sell will be to close a deal on a gun I want to get ride of.

In fact one of the best things I did with my gun collection was limit the number of calibers to minimize the types of ammo I had to have. I sort of lost my way on limiting calibers the past 5 years and doubled my calibers. Now I am going to reduce my gun collection by getting rid of my minor calibers first.

I stopped buying 7.62x39 at $0.26/rd. I don’t ever think you will see that price again. Since your starting now I’d buy what’s available and keep an eye on prices. You will have to learn and adjust to the changing times as will we all.
It better to have more calibers. When there is a shortage of ammo in popular calibers then obscure or obsolete ammo might be available. During the 2012 ammo hoarding, I bought a lot of ammo in other calibers like .45 ACP, 38 Special, .357 magnum, 7.62x39, .300 Blackout, and 12 gauge just to name a few. Ammo in .38 S&W Long, 7.62x25, 9mm Makarov, .30-06, .303 British, and others were still plentiful. People were buying up .223/5.56, 9mm Luger, and .22LR so I bought other calibers of ammo.

·
Registered
81 Posts
If you're ammo stash is low, buy it while it's available. We don't know what the future holds so get it while you can and have a little peace of mind.

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you're ammo stash is low, buy it while it's available. We don't know what the future holds so get it while you can and have a little peace of mind.
If you have less than half a tank of gas, and you come to the big sign on the highway that says "Last Gas For 200 Miles", next to the gas station that is selling gas $2 or more per gallon more expensive than every other station you have seen all day and possibly the rest of your life...

...you better stop and buy enough gas so that you can go at least 201 miles.

Or make sure you have on a pair of shoes with thick enough soles that they will not wear through while you walk between the point where you run out of gas, and that next gas station.

·
Registered
34 Posts
If it ever ships or gets picked at the warehouse I will have 2000 more rounds of 7.62x39 and 1000 more of 5.56 62g. Everyone is 10-14 days out on shipping.

·
Registered
143 Posts
It better to have more calibers. When there is a shortage of ammo in popular calibers then obscure or obsolete ammo might be available. During the 2012 ammo hoarding, I bought a lot of ammo in other calibers like .45 ACP, 38 Special, .357 magnum, 7.62x39, .300 Blackout, and 12 gauge just to name a few. Ammo in .38 S&W Long, 7.62x25, 9mm Makarov, .30-06, .303 British, and others were still plentiful. People were buying up .223/5.56, 9mm Luger, and .22LR so I bought other calibers of ammo.
I remember my first gun was a Star Model Super in 9mm Largo. There was plenty of to be had in 2011-12 I remember. I don't see any about right now.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Where'd you hear this nugget? The problem is that it's generally not against the law to import ammunition. He'd have to get a new law past giving him such power. If he does step over the line significantly, it will be taken to court.
Don't hold your breath on that one, the SCOTUS just burned the orange man to the ground. They will simply refuse to hear any second amendment cases or any cases involving firearms or ammo laws or EOs. Folks we are screwed either way.

If you want ANYTHING buy NOW you only have a few days left before the suffering begins.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Doesn’t matter how much you bought, they know who you are based on what sites you visit and what you purchase.

·
Registered
10 Posts
In my opinion you should buy what you can whenever you can and keep your mouth shut about what you may have. The only ammo I have let go of this year was some I used and some was given to a couple of my kids. I have told them that this piggy bank is now empty and go find/buy your own. Of course if the SHTF then I will share what I need to with those that are AMERICANS, not communists.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I love my AK's and I'm freaked out that Bidden is going to ban ammo imports. I'm kinda young and haven't been through this before.

Is it wise to pay $500 for 1000 rounds of WOLF? Or should I just chill
Ammoseek. Price going up fast. I was lucky, got 1,000 7.62 x 39 at 39c/ round.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I love my AK's and I'm freaked out that Bidden is going to ban ammo imports. I'm kinda young and haven't been through this before.

Is it wise to pay $500 for 1000 rounds of WOLF? Or should I just chill
40 cents per round...

You might find 7.62x39 for less locally if you go looking

21 - 36 of 36 Posts