AK Rifles banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me for sure, how many US parts and what they are, in an Arsenal SAM-7 Carbine?

Also... Is a muzzle nut considered a muzzle device?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,759 Posts
Receiver
Buttstock
Pistol Grip
Upper and Lower handguards
Fire Control Group (3)

Looks like 7 ... :twisted:

G

·
Dieter122 said:
Blitzgr10 said:
Can anyone tell me for sure, how many US parts and what they are, in an Arsenal SAM-7 Carbine?

Also... Is a muzzle nut considered a muzzle device?

Thanks in advance.
a muzzle nut is NOT a muzzle device... this i know

cant help you with the rest, check your manual, it should say?
You sure about that Dieter122? I believe it counts unless permanently affixed.

The 16 countable parts of an AK rifle. No more than 10 of these parts may be imported.

(1) Receiver
(2) Barrel
(3) Trunnion
(4) Muzzle attachments(flash hiders, brakes, barrel extensions, barrel nuts)
(5) Bolt
(6) Bolt carrier
(7) Gas piston
(8) Trigger
(9) Hammer
(10) Disconnecter
(11) Buttstock
(12) Pistol grip
(13) Forearm handguards
(14) Magazine body
(15) Follower
(16) Floorplate

On a typical stamped receiver rifle you need to replace 5 parts with no muzzle attachment and 6 parts with a muzzle attachment.

On a typical milled recevier rifle you need to replace 4 parts with no muzzle attachment and 5 parts with a muzzle attachment, because there isn't a barrel trunion, it is part of the receiver.

G

·
Pretty sure it is considered a "part". K-VAR markets US made ones at twice the price of other countries manufactured muzzle nuts. The law states muzzle attachments and does not differentiate among slant brakes, flashhiders, muzzle nuts or any other muzzle attachment. A part is a part when it is considered for compliance if it appears on the list of 20 parts designated by the BATF. 16 of which are contained in AKs.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
If the nut is welded on, it doesn't count. It becomes a part of the barrel. If it is detatchable, then it counts.

G

·
Q-gunner2 said:
If the nut is welded on, it doesn't count. It becomes a part of the barrel. If it is detatchable, then it counts.
That's what I thought, anyway. We could both be wrong. :grin:

·
Registered
621 Posts
All these laws make my brain hurt......What if it was made by a territory of america, like one of the islands or if it was made outside the states but on us property? Like on Okinawa, which is all considered, Camp Smedley D Butler? Lke if someone On a US base in another country was to make parts, and ship them here. It would still be made BY an american ON american property.

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
For sure .........

Receiver
Hammer
Trigger
Disconnector
Handguards
Pistol grip

The Carbine sometimes uses Bulgarian military buttstocks, and sometimes the K-Var US made Warsaw Pact length buttstock.

If it's marked US, it's American.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys. I was sure that the receiver was US made and I assumed that the FCG was also. I recently purchased one and haven't stripped it down except to put on new furniture twice. I have the black polymer, blonde wood like on the SAM-7 classic and a Polish laminate set. It's kinda cool to have all those stock sets for it. It's gonna be wearing the Polish wood for quite some time. Now I need to get some Russian wood for it :grin:

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
1Gunner said:
I never knew Arsenal's milled receivers were made in the US, or did I? I don't think I did
Yep, the M5 and M7 series rifles use a US forged and machined receiver built on Bulgarian blue prints by Bulgarian and Russian techs and smiths and then assembled with the appropriate # of US parts, but the barrels, bolt carriers, bolts, etc. are Bulgarian.

The SLR-101 series use Bulgarian receivers that are imported as single stacks and then opened up here.

The older non Arsenal Inc. SA-93 and SLR-95 are also all Bulgarian.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts