AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't mean the drug. I mean the car's. Currently rolling an '88 5.0. She sure love's the cool weather we've been having at night lately. Would love to have a new GT500. 650 horsepower would get you down the road with authority.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I grew up in Detroit, and many of my buds, in the 60s, had very nice cars. One good bud inherited a 67' or 68'-can't remember-GT 500 after his brother was KIA in Nam. I learned to drive a standard on that car. Very fast and powerful. I have a friend where I now live who as a mint Z28, with the 302 Aluminum block, 4 speed of course, and I have ridden in that car also, very fast off the line!

·
Super Moderator
6,893 Posts
4 wheeled fun hasn't been fun and affordable since the late 60's. My fun comes from 2 wheels.

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
I've said it before and I will say it again. You don't need a fast car to be a speed freak, you need balls. Fast cars are a lot more common than the latter. Most cars these days do 120mph, and that's all you can do on most roads anyways. I used to drive Japanese 4 bangers in my early years, a lot faster than most people will ever drive their muscle cars.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Balls will get you killed, you need training to drive fast. :) Several car clubs and sports car associations run track events year round, across the country. Attending a track event will cost you around $1k for the whole weekend (event $, gas, hotel, food, brake fluid, brake pads, etc.) but it is worth it. Let me know if you're interested and I can point you to the nearest track event/driver's school near you.

In Minnesota they enacted a law about 5 years ago that says if you get pulled over for >100mph, it is a mandatory 1 year license revocation, plus a hefty fine, and to get reinstated you have to go through driver's ed and all that crap again... Pretty BS but what can you do?

Oh, I drive an Audi S6 Turbo and I fly a Mooney M20J. I like to go fast. :)

·
Super Moderator
6,893 Posts
Heading out in a few hours to ride some pretty cool mountain roads. I'll post up some Go Pro video this evening... My thrills come from riding on the edge on dangerous roads. No need to worry about road rash. Where I ride you're hitting a rock wall or going off a cliff if you miss the road...

Drop this into Google Maps and check out AZ 191...nothing but about 100 miles of switchbacks and twisties.

33.166192,-109.3683

·
Registered
523 Posts
I don't mean the drug. I mean the car's. Currently rolling an '88 5.0. She sure love's the cool weather we've been having at night lately. Would love to have a new GT500. 650 horsepower would get you down the road with authority.
1992 GT with 2003 Cobra drivetrain and interior 463 RWHP and 2013 GT500 662 factory horsepower (650 hp was early estimate).

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

·
Registered
392 Posts
I had a 95 z28. Always kind of wanted a 5.0 The new focus st is supposed to be a blast to drive. I can't wrap my head around $400 a month to drive a focus though :/

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
I must be watching too much Breaking Bad cause I did a double take on the title haha

Cadillac CTS-V is my next car (unless I keep spending all my money on guns). 550 HP

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Had a V wagon for a bit last summer - I ended up laughing more than I ever have in my life.

Every time I let off the throttle I just started giggling like a little girl.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Back in the day I used to love to drag race my '69 Mach-1 with 428CJ. Wish I still had that thing.:sad: Two things I really miss is that car and my '28 Thompson. Oh well, life goes on.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
jrsuds, was it a CJ or SCJ? 4-speed or C6. Ram air? Those are some of the best looking Mustang's ever built IMO.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
CMS, for I while I really thought about getting a bike. I just could not get comfortable about it, though. I can really see the appeal of it though. I guess I like the security of steel around me when I'm blasting down the road. That, and all the idiot ass driver's we have in this country who barely watch out for other car's, let alone bike's.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts