AK Rifles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is half a crate/case of Chinese Steel Core Ammo which came in a Green Wooden Crate from Keng's in Atlanta in the late 80's. I cannot remember how many rounds where in the Crate/Case.

here is a pic of the sealed spam can.

I thought there were 1100 per crate/case but just cant remember.

Does anyone remember or know?

Thanks,

J

·
Super Moderator
10,307 Posts
My guess it is a 550 round can on SKS strippers. The other spam can size was 720 round and usually had the "720" mark in the upper RH corner of the lid.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I know they are on stripper clips as I remember opening the other can. Just cant remember how many were in there.

J

Hootbro said:
My guess it is a 550 round can on SKS strippers. The other spam can size was 720 round and usually had the "720" mark in the upper RH corner of the lid.

·
Super Moderator
10,307 Posts
jtrade said:
Thanks. I know they are on stripper clips as I remember opening the other can. Just cant remember how many were in there.

J

Hootbro said:
Deciphering Chinese ammo can markings is not my strong suit. I sat on two Chinese spam cans for 12 years thinking I had 7.62x39 steel core only to find out it was 7.62x54R Mosin ammo. :doh:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would think 7.62x54 would be worth more than 7.62x39 ammo.

Nevermind the PM, it came back up for me now.

Thanks again for the help!!!

J

Hootbro said:
jtrade said:

J

Hootbro said:
Deciphering Chinese ammo can markings is not my strong suit. I sat on two Chinese spam cans for 12 years thinking I had 7.62x39 steel core only to find out it was 7.62x54R Mosin ammo. :doh:

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
jtrade said:

J

Hootbro said:
jtrade said:

J

Hootbro said:

i dont think china made 54r. i could be mistaken. but, think about a 440rd tin of 54r goes for at the most, about 175 and that would be for the 7N1 sniper rounds. a tin of even 550 chinese steel core will command 200+ easily... why, i dont know. its not that special. guess its the whole not being imported thing.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, ya learn something everyday. I figured since the round is a little larger it would cost more.

So you think $200 would be a good starting point for this Tin? I just wish I knew exactly how many rounds were in this tin so my friend can sell it & not rip someone off or vice versa.

Thanks again,

J

catsailer40 said:
jtrade said:

J

Hootbro said:
jtrade said:

J

Hootbro said:

i dont think china made 54r. i could be mistaken. but, think about a 440rd tin of 54r goes for at the most, about 175 and that would be for the 7N1 sniper rounds. a tin of even 550 chinese steel core will command 200+ easily... why, i dont know. its not that special. guess its the whole not being imported thing.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
jtrade said:
Wow, ya learn something everyday. I figured since the round is a little larger it would cost more.

So you think $200 would be a good starting point for this Tin? I just wish I knew exactly how many rounds were in this tin so my friend can sell it & not rip someone off or vice versa.

Thanks again,

J
Check out gunbroker for pricing, http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =107084660

The above is just an example of what Chinese steel core has been selling for lately.

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
jtrade said:

Thanks again,

J
to be honest, id throw it up on gunbroker with a reserve of 250. you might get over 300. who knows.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I gave my friend that link & another to 550 round spam can on gunbroker. The other spam cane looks identical but has '76 instead of '85 & they say 550 rounds. He just doesn't want to sell it w/o knowing an exact round count.

Thanks,

J

COPE said:
jtrade said:

Thanks again,

J
Check out gunbroker for pricing, http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =107084660

The above is just an example of what Chinese steel core has been selling for lately.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts