AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, I know print is dead. But, in some way's I'm old school. I currently subscribe to nine. All automotive/firearm's related. I used to buy them off the news stand when I was younger. Then they got stupid expensive. However, if you subscribe they'er about twenty to forty percent of the cost of buying them of the shelf. Any other dinosaur's here?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I used to get around 8-9 a month. Now I get maybe 2? I think that Hot Rod and Recoil are the last two. Recoil I may drop just because of the cover price per year. What slower me down was the availability of online reading material regarding my hobbies. For every magazine I would subscribe to,I could find multiple forums covering the subject with a larger pool of available info.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I get Guns & Ammo via my Kindle Fire, and a local magazine hardcopy. Everything else I let expire, as I have tons of magazines from the past several decades (Nat Geo, mountain biking, etc) laying around the house unlooked at. The only ones I hang on to are my old Playboys from the late 70s/early 80s...

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have not subscribe to any magazines in a few years now. I usually pick one at the bookstore if there is an article i want to read or an issue I have to buy.

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
Street Rodder is the only magazine I subscribe to. I have been getting it for years
One of my favorites. Being a member of the NSRA, I receive Street Scene every month but that is all. Many others through the years, but I either lost interest or the quality of the articles went to crap.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Switched to kindle, havent looked back. I try not to buy gun rags because every write up is a promo of some sort and continual rehashing of age old topics...

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
The internet killed off subscriptions for me over a decade ago....with one exception, Shotgun News. For some reason I still to read the old skool news print ads and where else are you going to get " cartridges of the world " articles?

At one time, I had Hot Rod, Super Chevy, Car Craft, Shooting Times, Peterson's 4x4, Hot VW's....wow...I forgot how many I subscribed to...:roflmao:

I have learned more through Internet forums than I ever did through magazine articles.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
I currently subscribe to Muscle Car Review, Car & Driver, Men's Journal, Autoweek, Sports Illustrated, Entertainment Weekly, Air & Space, American Rifleman. I barely have time to read any of these. I ended up taking an arm-load to work so we have something to read during our lunch break. I'll be letting most of these expire soon. Just don't have the time to justify the subscription costs.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Everyone should be getting American Rifleman or one of the other NRA magazines by being an NRA member.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Mustang Monthly and Jp Magazine. I've subscribed to a lot more over the years- G&A and Shooting Times- lost interest after Skeeter, Elmer and Jeff were gone. SOF- turned into a circus, then a snoozefest. Hotrod- went from "bolt-on" to "plug-in". Gun Test- I just saw things to be different than they claimed too many times. Shotgun News- truly just got left behind by the internet.

·
Premium Member
7,602 Posts
Small Arms Review is the only one.

I used to have a subscription to Shotgun News but it comsistently showed up at my door 2 weeks after it already was on the news stand at the stores. :/

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Damn you Dawg! I totally forgot about SAW when I went on my sub. binge! Now I'll probably have to subscribe to it as well. It truly is quality reading.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Small Arms Review is the only one.

I used to have a subscription to Shotgun News but it comsistently showed up at my door 2 weeks after it already was on the news stand at the stores. :/
I get Small Arms Review also, I did not like the change to quarterly and a few other issues but I still subscribe. Years ago Soldier of Fortune was mostly the only source of info on military weapons, but they went to shit a long time ago. I still have tubs of old SOFs from the good old days.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
World War II magazine is the only one I get nowadays. Absolute favorite magazine for the crapper.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I read "American Handgunner," "S.W.A.T." and "Recoil".

1 - 20 of 23 Posts