AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cooking some Porter House's for the wife and I tonight and took a snip of the fillet part while on the grill when it happened. It took a plunge right through the grill to the bottom where everything has settled over the years. Now I ask you, what would you have done, remember it was the fillet portion. :twisted:

1. Leave it and chaulk it up as a casualty. :sad:

or

2. Retrieve it, and savor the flavor that has dripped down for years washing it down with a beer, or tasty beverage of your choice... :beer:

44MAG

·
Registered
21,878 Posts
Mom was grilling ribs a couple weeks ago... it went something like this when I went to move the meat onto the serving plate:

*piece of pork falls on the ground*

Mom - HAH!

Me - *picks up the piece and pops it in my mouth* HAH!!!!

Mom - Eww...

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Well what did ya do?

If it fell on the coals and you leave it there, you'll be sorry if ya don't snag it outa there asap. If it sits there awhile on those coals, your nose will explain.

:puke:

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
10Gauge said:
Mom was grilling ribs a couple weeks ago... it went something like this when I went to move the meat onto the serving plate:

Mom - HAH!

Mom - Eww...

After eating boudan you can eat anything. :grin:

·
Registered
21,878 Posts
will36 said:
10Gauge said:

Mom - HAH!

Mom - Eww...

After eating boudan you can eat anything. :grin:
i had to google to find out wtf 'boudan' was but it doesnt sound half bad.....aside from the liver part :shock:

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
5 second rule applys, after 5 seconds the beer rinse is necessary. but after 5 beers I don't think cooking etiquete matters! :lol:

·
Super Moderator
25,847 Posts
Brush it off...eat it.

·
Registered
21,878 Posts
5 second rule is horseshit.. and no I'm not talking "LOL MYTHBUSTERS" ... the instant food touches a surface its inoculated with bacteria. Immune systems are wonderful things... but there are some things you dont wanna mess with..

interestingly enough, the alcohol chaser isnt a bad idea..

Alcohol kills bacteria... I wouldnt use beer, but any kind of 40% alcohol by volume or better would do the trick.

Drinking - bad for the liver, good for your teeth.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Eat it. Hell my shepherd stole a steak off the marinade platter last weekend before it went on the grill. I got most of it back. My wife made sure I got that one.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts