AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about making a Russian AKM clone and I remember I once held a WUM at a show. I remember it had a black finish like the Soviet AKs. I tried looking for info on here but I can't find much. So who has one and do you have pics?

·
Registered
425 Posts
My first AK was a WUM. I bought it from a co worker for $175! Romy with dimpled reciever. But the Recicver was slant cut. So standard stocks would not fit it. I liked mine, but I like all AK's.
I would go with a SAR1 if you want the 7.62X.39. They have a normal cut reciever that accepts standard AK stocks. But if the WUM is a great bargain like mine was, I would not hesitate to buy it. Take care, glocklon

·
Registered
64 Posts
I also have a WUM1 which i bought new when they first came out in 97, for i believe around $238. or $268.? Great gun but mine also has the slant cut receiver but the welded nut on barrel did have a tread underneath, fit & finish on mine was 100%. But since then the fit & finish on all rom. i have seen has gone to the dogs! Have seen a couple at shows lately going for
$500.-$550. I had also bought a Romak 1 nib in 98, which is the same except it did not have the slant cut on rec. but it had no thread under muzzle-nut! It now is a folder and now also has a bay. lug! :mrgreen:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts