AK Rifles banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Number one

Number two

I know there have been threads on this before, but most of the replies have been vague.

For example, would you compare either one as better or worse than a standard M-16 flash hider?

Would you describe the flash from either as nonexistent, small orange flame, or what?

Did you test each one with a variety of ammo types, and if so, what kinds?

Did you test each one under different low light conditions, and if so, what conditions?

I'm trying to decide if the more expensive hider is worth the extra coin, or not.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I had the original "cone" on my M92 & when I fired it there was a huge fireball with every round (wolf BB & GT) even in direct sunlight.
I then added a modded "can" on the same rifle (using the same ammo) & don't get any flash at all, even in the shade. It has completely eliminated any muzzle flash from my 10" Yugo.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
The Bulgy Beer Can is worth every penny. Mine is for 7.62x39mm, I am not sure if there is a 5.45 model. I have tried it on multiple rifles, its good to go. I can't seem to recall seeing any flash at all when others shot with it on. There is a different felt recoil when shooting 7.62x39mm. It works great on my 74s even though the cone is cut larger for the 7.62s. I plan to buy a few more as soon as I can.

The only thing better would be a NFA Can to cut flash and sound. :cool:

Kalishnikov made the rifle, the Bulgarians made it better. :hail: :hail:

When I get my stamp for the collection this will be my practical go to gun.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I've used #2 with 7.62x39 while it was flat ass dark outside. I still get a nice flash out of it, but it is concentrated to the Flash hider itself. No massive fireballs. Its recoil reduction is not bad either.

I'm far from an expert though.

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
I've seen both used by Katar in a low light class around 1am outside.....neither were as good as a standard M16A2 flash suppressor on his 16" and 12.5" 5.56mm carbines.

They were both better than the '74 style brake though.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Time for pics, I guess. :grin:

Match the flash hider to its flash signature. :grin:

Number one

Number two

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Spooky130 said:
Why not one of these?

I guess "why not besides the $100 price tag?"

Spooky

I'm looking for something for my SLR107FR, which has the 24mm threads.

That one is for the 14mm threaded muzzle, right?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
On a 7.62X39MM AK, what are the differences between shooting a slant brake and a AK-74 brake? For this comparison, a 16" AK build.

- which would you choose and why?
- sound differences?

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
The AK-74 style brake reduces the recoil but increases the sound to the sides of the weapon.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Dawg180 said:
The AK-74 style brake reduces the recoil but increases the sound to the sides of the weapon.
Thanks. Just the input I was looking for.

eta: any other input on the slant vs. 74 type brake?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Zane Zackerly said:
Spooky130 said:
Why not one of these?

I guess "why not besides the $100 price tag?"

Spooky

I'm looking for something for my SLR107FR, which has the 24mm threads.

That one is for the 14mm threaded muzzle, right?
ZZ: Yes it's 14mm and frankly it does reduce the flash (moreso designed for in your line of sight) but where it shines the most is recoil reduction. Really works and sound isn't greatly increased. For a full auto can't be beat.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts