AK Rifles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Chinese experts:

How do you tell the difference between a BWEST import and BWEST produced weapon? I thought I knew, but maybe not?
:confused:

·
Registered
100 Posts
I always thought it was this:

If the recevier is an import, as in made in china, etc, it is a B-West import.

If it is a B-West receiver, it is a B-West build.

The difference between import stamps and production stamps I thought. Am I wrong, too?

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the only markings on this ak are:

bottom of receiver:

BWEST
LA CA
CHINA

Side of Receiver:
AKS 7.62x39

No other markings anywhere :confused:

Looks exactly like SASM7's below:

·
Registered
100 Posts
I think the actual manufacturer, and the actual importer have to be represented in proofs, so I would have to say I think it is a B-West build. If it had Norinco or Poly or whatnot on the receiver, and then B-West on it as well, I would say it was a B-West import.

I could be totally wrong, I'm no expert.

Do the numbers on the rest of the gun match the numbers on the receiver?

·
Registered
368 Posts
yep its a Chinese B-west. If it was strictly B-West it wouldnt say China on it. Im not sure but I think factory 66 is the maker. I love that pistol grip configuration. Damn nice gun Travis. And I just noticed that mag...nice setup.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OldTroop said:
yep its a Chinese B-west. If it was strictly B-West it wouldnt say China on it. Im not sure but I think factory 66 is the maker. I love that pistol grip configuration. Damn nice gun Travis. And I just noticed that mag...nice setup.
That's actually SASM7's Chinese. mine is identical down to the mags. Hopefully, I'll post some pics this week. :wink:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think some of the chicom AKs sometimes have very small, light markings on the barrel either by the front site post or under the handguards. Can't recall for sure where, or if they all do or not. But I have personally seen this.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I believe Templer is correct. The local(US made receiver) B-West AKs have "Made in USA" in the info on the side of the receiver. I`ve seen 2 of`em. The "China" designation in the receiver stamping info means it`s a Chinese barreled action. That`s my understanding to this point. FWIW, J R...

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
so what is the deal with these? I have seen seeral things.I have one and am curious.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts