AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen how to slap a PG on one, but not how to use a gastube cover regualar foregrip. Anyone know how to put them on?

G

·
0 Posts
you have to remove the front sight and the gas block, then install a handguard retainer cap. a small groove then need to be cut across the top of the barrel for the retainer catch to grip in for securing the lower forearm. you then need a new gas tube that can take an upper handguard. some guys have had luck with splitting the retainer and prying it over the barrel so they don't have to remove any parts. i personally don't like the second method. option three is TAPCO sells an imitation Galil forearm that clamps in place for a saiga

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
advntrjnky said:
you have to remove the front sight and the gas block, then install a handguard retainer cap. a small groove then need to be cut across the top of the barrel for the retainer catch to grip in for securing the lower forearm. you then need a new gas tube that can take an upper handguard. some guys have had luck with splitting the retainer and prying it over the barrel so they don't have to remove any parts. i personally don't like the second method. option three is TAPCO sells an imitation Galil forearm that clamps in place for a saiga
How do you take the FSB and gas block off? Do you just take the pins out and tap it with a hammer?

G

·
0 Posts
yes rivets first, then some tap off others need a press. i made a puller out of an old C-clamp to take a FS base off once. i tried whacking it with a hammer first, but didn't budge. just a little pressure from the puller, slight pop, and off it came. i used a old open end wrench that fit the barrel diameter as a contact point for the C-clamp. i made a thread protector out of an old piece of brass for the other end of the clamp to contact at the muzzle. that first one was pretty crude, but i got alot of good ideas and am planning on making a new improved version this spring. i have a press also, but really liked the feel that the screw pressure gave me.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Where can I get the proper gas block?

ANy country will work?

Thanks!

Rusty.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I'd really like to have it properly done on mine. I did the split retainer. I'd like to also have either the FSB replaced with a threaded one or a new one added then a cut, thread, and perm attach to 16" with '74 brake or something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts