AK Rifles banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

How the heck do you put the correct Romanian bipod on an AES-10B "RPK"? I'm assuming you have to remove the front sight and then slide it over the muzzle...?

Does it matter which side the pins push from? Also, can the pins be reused or do I need to order some new ones from Kvar or someplace?

Thanks.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Remove the cleaning rod and old bipod then cut the muzzle nut tack weld, remove the muzzle nut, drive out the pins from the driver side of the rifle to the passenger side (it may take a lot of force) and drive the front sight block off.

The new bipod will slide right on. Drive the FSB back on, making sure it goes on straight. If your front sights were canted, now would be the time to fix them (by orienting it straight, drilling the holes for larger pins in its new position and installing new larger pins) otherwise simply drive the old pins back in via the opposite of how they came out. Install muzzle device and cleaning rod, and you're done.

The old pins should work fine unless you destroy them in the removal process, which may or may not be an issue. One of mine came out easy and the other I thought would never come out, but it eventually did. It got a little beat up on one end. No big deal though.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

If I'm reading it correctly, the pins should drive out from left to right when looking at the rifle from the butt end, correct?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts