AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very new to Krinkovs, but I've owned a wsar-1 (7.62x39) for a few years now. I am thinking about trading my romy for a Krink. A couple questions. What is the effictive range on a krink (5.45x39 I think thats the right caliber) verses a wsar-1 (7.62x39)? With the origanal style flash hider, can I still put a bayonet on? Does the flash hider screw off? I live in MI, do I have to register it as a SBR?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Effective range drops of a 5.45 Krink (AKS-74U) is rated at about 200m, versus 400m for a full size AK-74. Go to the AK-74 link below and scroll down to Variants. It offers some descent info on full size 74 and the Krink.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK-74

I can personally vouch for 200m iron site hits on sillouettes with my 5.45 Krink, but can only vouch for 150m iron site hits with my 7.62 Krink.

Sorry man.....no bayonet lugs on Krinks.

The original bulbous-shaped muzzle device is not really a flash hider or muzzle brake, but rather a conical gas expansion chamber designed to aid in reliable cycling in full auto. Not really necessary for semi auto, as she ain't movin as much gas as fast. Fortunately, the conical device does have some flash hiding ability. There is also an actual Bulgy 4pc Flash hider that is available which works much better. It's more common to the 7.62 AKSU, but many slap on on their 5.45 Krinks as well. See pics below.

Yes they both screw on/off and have the same 24x1.5 RH thread.

All SBR must be registered with a $200 tax stamp. First make sure your state allows SBR's.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
pbnationrc said:
thanks tactical, the info helped a lot!
No problem. I added a few more bits of info if you wanna re-read.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
pbnationrc said:
I am very new to Krinkovs, but I've owned a wsar-1 (7.62x39) for a few years now. I am thinking about trading my romy for a Krink. A couple questions. What is the effictive range on a krink (5.45x39 I think thats the right caliber) verses a wsar-1 (7.62x39)? With the origanal style flash hider, can I still put a bayonet on? Does the flash hider screw off? I live in MI, do I have to register it as a SBR?
Can't have SBR's in Michigan.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
MeinTeil said:
pbnationrc said:
Can't have SBR's in Michigan.
Uh oh...!!! :eek:

If you can't have SBR's in your state, but still really want one bad, then I guess you'd have to go the fake PBS-5 suppressor route.....similar to the the one in the link below.

http://www.arsenalinc.com/slr106us.htm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts