AK Rifles banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I alway's carry mine on the off shoulder muzzle down. I'm going to get a Vicker's single point for my 6920 though. I think that's about optimum.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I'm not a fan of single point slings. They don't afford a lot of control over the weapon while moving.

I use the Vickers VCAS on my AR's and my Benelli M4.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I carry mine with the sling over my left shoulder and the rifle next to my right side, muzzle foward (like an old lady that doesn't want her purse stolen). From that point the rifle can be pulled around to the back with the muzzle down. Or it can be pulled to the front side with the muzzle pointing up. I don't like single point slings either.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
I carried a single point for years. It worked well but there's always the chance of getting your muzzle in the dirt/mud.

Before retiring I started using various Blue Force Gear slings, ending with a Vickers Sling. This is all with the GUU-5AP and M-4. Don't have anything modern set up for the AK

·
Banned
1,881 Posts
Could someone post up a few pics of "Carrying" with various slings techniques ? ( I need some help with this for my Militia training this winter with my type 56 "Spiker" being phased in over my AR pattern weapons for usage...

·
Registered
833 Posts
From this position the firearm can be rotated completely around the body, back to front, shoot "from the hip" and even shouldered to fire. This is my WASR with a leather sling. Other slings and variations of rifles may work better or worse.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Padded VTAC sling on AR and standard AK sling for all the AKs. Basically carry it the same as Bender unless it's being slung in the low ready position.

·
Super Moderator
25,774 Posts
I just use a 2 point sling now, and will carry a rifle with the muzzle down if its raining. When I sling it across my back, I keep the muzzle down.

·
Super Moderator
6,893 Posts
2 pt sling...over my left shoulder and under my right arm...along my right side and muzzle down. Easy enough to flick behind me or bring to the low ready....easy to control with one hand (right).

·
Registered
710 Posts
From this position the firearm can be rotated completely around the body, back to front, shoot "from the hip" and even shouldered to fire. This is my WASR with a leather sling. Other slings and variations of rifles may work better or worse.

This.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I shoot lefty so....over right shoulder, muzzle down. Sling adjusted so that the LHG is positioned to be grabbed by the right hand and brought to left shoulder. Funny thing is I'm right handed....

·
Banned
1,881 Posts
I shoot lefty so....over right shoulder, muzzle down. Sling adjusted so that the LHG is positioned to be grabbed by the right hand and brought to left shoulder. Funny thing is I'm right handed....
56 type could you Please post a pic or two showing your method , I have had major vision loss in my Right Eye and over last 3 years had to teach myself how to shoot & carry Long Guns Lefty ( Handguns still shoot Righty )

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
56 type could you Please post a pic or two showing your method , I have had major vision loss in my Right Eye and over last 3 years had to teach myself how to shoot & carry Long Guns Lefty ( Handguns still shoot Righty )
Lost my right eye when I was younger so I know where you're coming from. I'll try to get the missus to play cameraman and get a few pics. But I'll try to give a better description.....I run a Chinese sling adjusted so that the LHG of the rifle hangs at about the level of my front pants pocket with the rifle slung over the right shoulder. Movement is about the same as a pistol draw, only difference is that you use the LHG as the grip and bring the rifle up to your left shoulder. Once the buttstock hits your shoulder and the left hand has grabbed the PG, you run the right hand along the bottom of the LHG like racking a pump shotgun except when your hand hits the front of the mag you stop and with the thumb flick off the safety. Make sure the sling is on the outside of the mag when you sling it or you may come up a bit short when trying to shoulder it.

It takes a little bit of practice but it's EXTREMELY fast for left-handed shooter's to use. The sling just slides down the right arm as the rifle is being shouldered and if need be shots can immediately be fired as soon as the safety is released using a mag hold.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts