AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one of these:

I don't see how it attaches to an AKM receiver. Can it?

I had this crazy idea of having an SA-85 built and having both the above side folding stock and a polymer stock for the same rifle. Is the above folder for an AK-74?

·
Banned
1,611 Posts
Look at the top of the block.

Two holes that suspiciously line up with the screw holes in your AKM stock tang. . . .

Think of the possibilities. . . .

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nalioth said:
Look at the top of the block.

Two holes that suspiciously line up with the screw holes in your AKM stock tang. . . .

Think of the possibilities. . . .
I'm not seeing it. Where is that triangular piece supposed to go?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts

I have a DDR AK74 side folder on one of my WASRs.

You have to put all the parts on to the stock, fit it in to your receiver and then the lever goes in last.

·
Premium Member
7,602 Posts
The German ones area little more ofa paint to install than the Romanian ones, the triangle sheet metal part slides up into groove on the 'front' end of the big metal block and holds everything together.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
[

Come one give him a break,i think he's having a problem figuring out where all the peices go.It looks like a mess if it's not already put together.
It's really for an east german 74 but it will work on any akm if you like.

·
Premium Member
7,602 Posts
I agree, if someone could post a pic of one assembled it would probably help him out considerably.

We all were beginners at some point...n :wink:

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys! :hail:

It looked like the triangular piece was too large to fit into the receiver. But it goes in snug.

I will have the SA-85 kit built and fitted for both the side folding stock and a regular Warsaw length buttstock. That way I can switch between them when I like. I'll just have to make sure I have 6 U.S. parts either way.:smile:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got one of these from brownells and am having a hell of a time getting it installed.

it'll go in almost all the way but not quite. The stock will go in by itself and the little stamped piece will go in by itself but they don't want to go in with the lever installed.

so, is the right way then to install the stamped piece onto the stock mechanism and then insert the lever WHILE you're installing it?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Wait hold it. SA-85 KIT? I'm probably missing something but what's the point of that when they were legally imported as complete rifles?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Probably for the same reasons people still build Romy RPKs when there are AES-10Bs, or Bulgy '74s when there are SLR-105s, or Romy G's when there are SAR-1s.

Cost, fun, and availability of the original rifles.

·
Super Moderator
26,343 Posts
You will also need a special grip screw to get the parts to fit. It is notched for clearance. I believe Tapco sells them.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Ok, im not seeing how the damn "operating spring" and lever work together. We need a step by step to get me through this, or a pic of the assembly completed outside the rifle.

B

·
Registered
649 Posts
You might not need a special grip screw mine worked fine. Here are some pic of one inserted. It might take a moment to figure out but you will eb glad when you do.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
There's all the parts.

Put the ends of the spring into the hooks of the sheet metal assembly, then the locking bar through the holes on the sides.

The end of the wire stock has two grooves for the sheet metal assembly to side into. With it on the stock, insert it into the receiver.
Now put in pistol grip's nut.

Once in the receiver, place the cylindrical piece with the tab on top into the hole on the bottom of the stock.
Insert the long stock release into the receiver through the cylinder you just put into the stock.

While looking into the receiver, put the stock release over the spring and then press down and push it under the locking bar until the release locks into the bar.

'What it looks like in the receiver, except the release lever sticks out on a flat angle rather than up.'

·
Registered
436 Posts
Thanks guys, I actually figured it out about 30 minutes and after I posted. I think my cats learned how to swear while watching.

B

·
Registered
274 Posts
They don't fit the Norinco Tangs... ask me how I know. :(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts