AK Rifles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I can take photos for you tonight when I get home from work but I'm sure by then, someone will have already posted.

Pretty simple once you know what to look for.

It is like it sounds...the 2 struts that make the arms of the folder, instead of having straight edges, they are rolled.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SturmGrenadier said:
I can take photos for you tonight when I get home from work but I'm sure by then, someone will have already posted.

Pretty simple once you know what to look for.

It is like it sounds...the 2 struts that make the arms of the folder, instead of having straight edges, they are rolled.
But how do you tell the difference from the Bulgie one?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So would this be correct?
1. Ribbed and rolled = probably Russian origin

2. smooth and not rolled = probably Russian origin

3. Ribbed and not rolled = probably Bulgarian origin

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
People can add them, or they were supplied by the Russians for Bulgaria to build into rifles, or parts imported and put together by retailers to make some money.

If its ribbed and rolled you have 2 options, its either a condom :grin: or it is a Tula AKSU butt used in Bulgarian production or added by a merchant to make a AKS kit.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SturmGrenadier said:
People can add them, or they were supplied by the Russians for Bulgaria to build into rifles, or parts imported and put together by retailers to make some money.

If its ribbed and rolled you have 2 options, its either a condom :grin: or it is a Tula AKSU butt used in Bulgarian production or added by a merchant to make a AKS kit.
Got ya.....Ribbed and rolled is Russian PERIOD! I would like to see a bulgie one up close. Can anyone help me out?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts