AK Rifles banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please excuse the crummy spur grip: I'm a New People's Republic of York resident. Side note: huge shout out to Atlantic arms for being willing to ship a NJ compliant WASR to my FFL with no pistol grip and allowing us to screw on a compliant one there. You guys rock! So, what's the consensus? How bad is the canting on this WASr? It's definitely canted, just wondering how bad/manageable it is. It doesn't seem too bad to me but I have little experience with canting.

001.JPG 003.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG 007.JPG

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Almost looks like they canted it to line up the front sight post. It's not severe in my book, but if it bugs you, pop the pins out and whack the sight block over with a hammer. Redrill and put the pins back in.

Reactions: demented

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I'm looking at it I think the worst cant is the front gas port block. It leans left when looking at it from the rear. Still, not bad though.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Usually a canted front sight block is a "looks thing". You should find the rifle shooting to point of aim. Many times the crooked block allows for the sight pin to be centered, so if you straighten the block, the front pin might have to be way off to the side.

I am on the side of the block has to be straight, but I have one Romanian that the sight pin on a straight block is as far to one side as possible, so to give any adjustment I would have to move the whole block off center. Makes me wonder how straight the barrel is in the trunion, or the trunion itself in the receiver.

Again, if it shoots to point of aim, and you can put up with the offset look, I wouldn't do anything.

·
Premium Member
13,304 Posts
If it shoots straight, you're gtg....but it would still bug me with the FSP adjusted all the way to the right.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
That's really not bad at all. Ive seen ones where you have to completely max out windage to get them on.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Flip the rifle upside down on a flat table... Get 2 speed squares and put one on each side of a barrel component until it butts up and visually check the difference between each side...

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
this or pop the hgs off and set the bottom of the receiver on the edge of a table.
you can often get a little movement w/out even pulling pins but maybe this is something to try when you know how hard not to try :)

·
Super Moderator
26,067 Posts
I'd be pissed, but it is fixable.

·
Registered
667 Posts
BR is absolutely right... I would trust squareness of the trunnion before the sight leaf lol...

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
well... sometimes the bottom of the receiver are not as square as youd think :rolleyes:
in this case you can let a piece of metal like ainch wide hang off the table slightly and actually sit the trunnion itself on it.
bottom of trunnions are not always square though. aks are fucked...
in case of this use sight leaf i guess, lol.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
lol, well if were talking about true and square. sometimes can be a real problem trying to take good measurements or line things up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts