AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Who's the flyer from? I'm always on the lookout for 5.45 ammo of different sorts. I've got some Barnaul 55 gr. soft points that I still haven't tried out.

Maybe tomorrow...

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw the flyer at a gunshop, it was an unfamiliar name and I cant remember it. Sorry. If I get back there Ill find out.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Has anyone had any keyholing from this in there Bulgy 74 rifles? I know this ammo was designed for a barrel twist 1 in 9 or 1 in 10 twist. Would like to hear some input.

·
Registered
600 Posts
brownstown said:
Has anyone had any keyholing from this in there Bulgy 74 rifles? I know this ammo was designed for a barrel twist 1 in 9 or 1 in 10 twist. Would like to hear some input.

Wow. I just clicked on my link above and the price is now down to $120 for 800 rounds! That’s a lot better. I still haven’t bought any though. But it is certainly a lot more tempting.

I would usually buy over $500 worth of items to get the free shipping, but I might be tempted to pick up a single tin to test with. I don’t think there should be any problems with the 68gr weight. I found that the 70gr Wolf is actually the most accurate ammo from my Bulgy AK74. So maybe this 68gr Hotshot ammo would be similar?

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
I dont buy that 1/9,or 1/10 twist for that ammo. That sounds like some Century Kool-Aid attempting to mitigate the Tantal issues. The Arsenal
5.45 have a twist of approx 7&5/8" to 1. I have not read of keyholing from the Wolf MC that is 70 gr, as noted above.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts