AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a big problem with a yugo rpk.the bolt would not go back far enough to eject the empty case.i had installed a new barrel and i had alot of blood sweat and tears into this build and it would not work.iwas really at wits end.after filing and polishing everything it still would not work.i discovered that the gas block was worn and the gas was escaping around the piston causing a short stroke.try to find a rpk gas block.it was inpossible and a real pain to change if i could find 1.i contacted brad with my problem.i measured the hole opening and i found out i needed a gas pistin with a head bigger than standard size.he told me he would make me a custom piston with a bigger head to fit in the oversize hole.i sent him my old piston with the measurements for the new one.he sent me the custom piston and it worked like a charm.the shell now flies about 15 feet like it is supposed to and the rpk purs like a kitten,thanks to Hotbarrel.if you need and custom work contact him.great guy and great work.his email is
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I had the exact same issue with an M70 rebuild.

The GB was over sized and I needed a custom piston.
Hotbarrel turned one for me and it works perfectly now.

I have bought other pistons from him in the past and he cant be beat for the cost and personal service.

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
He's made all my pistons and extended slant brakes to date. He does awesome work and like said above his prices can't be beat. He's a stand up guy and a real benefit to our hobby.

·
Registered
105 Posts
you guys are the best man!!! your kind words go a long way for me. I honestly do appreciate you all too!!
Bradd A.K.A. the hotbarrel

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
And he makes awesome Cleaning rods.

BTW, I need some for my Russian type II & III AK47

And a couple of yugos!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey Hotbarrel is DA MAN!!! he made a "Tabuk" cleaning rod for me and a couple of Galil gas pistons.

Great work from a fine gentleman

1 - 8 of 8 Posts