AK Rifles banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who can i send my Yugo M70 to for blueing? it has a parked finish and i would like to have it stripped, polished and hot blued. Who could i send it too and about how much does it cost? TIA

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
there was a guy in shotgun news named Mel Doyle. he was out midwest, like idaho or someplace. he used to charge about $80 for polished or matte. He did my Yugo RPK in matte, came out nice. I have done others in matte, i think that is what you want...

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
BigAL said:
there was a guy in shotgun news named Mel Doyle. he was out midwest, like idaho or someplace. he used to charge about $80 for polished or matte. He did my Yugo RPK in matte, came out nice. I have done others in matte, i think that is what you want...
Idaho isn't the midwest my friend. :wink: Are you thinking of Iowa?

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
no, it's been too long.

He's someplace between Indiana and Utah....

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
Took 1 minute to find him..

Mel Doyle, Gunsmith
Rt 2 Box196M
6001 Hells Gulch Rd.
St. Maries, ID, 83861
208-245-3006

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks BigAl, ill contact him on monday. Do you by chance have any pics of the RPK he blued for you?

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
Used to have some posted over in the RPK section. I stripped it down myself, I think that saved a few bucks. I also sent him a few mags to reblue and he only charged a couple of dollars.

I was very pleased with his work, i think turnaround time was like 2 weeks...

·
Registered
378 Posts
Will he do minor repairs as well? I have a slightly canted FSB and a rivet that wasnt smashed properly, if I could get the rifle fixed and reblued for under $200 it would definitely be worth it.

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
I don't know about repairs. sometimes you can drive the FSB pins out and install them in a different order from a different side and it will correct minor cant...

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am not sure how you guys feel about shipping your firearms, but if it is not a problem i can do your repairs and rebluing in house for a reasonable price. just a thought. And yes it is professional stripping polishing or blasting and hot rebluing. Pm me if you want.

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
Jim,

What's your average turnaround time?

·
Registered
50 Posts
about 2 weeks for an average job. maybe more if i have to make/ order parts. I also do ak, ar, and other assault rifle builds, and copetition 1911, and glock builds.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
robby276 said:
Who can i send my Yugo M70 to for blueing? it has a parked finish and i would like to have it stripped, polished and hot blued. Who could i send it too and about how much does it cost? TIA
Did you ever get this done? If so do you have any pics?

Thanks,
T :smile:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No i didn't hot blue the m70. Instead i had my local gunsmith refinish it with semi-gloss moly resin. It not authentic but it does look good and is much more durable. I just had a Russian T-3 kit fall into my lap that im gonna have rewelded and that one is definately getting hot blued

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
robby276 said:
No i didn't hot blue the m70. Instead i had my local gunsmith refinish it with semi-gloss moly resin. It not authentic but it does look good and is much more durable. I just had a Russian T-3 kit fall into my lap that im gonna have rewelded and that one is definately getting hot blued
I am in the same boat! I have a T3 I need rewelded and hot blued!

T :wink:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts