21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Any updates on how this rifle is doing?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Put a bow on it. I'm certain there's an anniversary or birthday coming up.
Just don't be surprised when you see what you get for your "gift".
Give us a range report.
Good luck.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Any updates on how this rifle is doing?
For the same reason I can't say much about the Riley Defense AK74 I bought my wife

It seems perfectly fine with about 250 rounds through it, only a quite slight trace of mushrooming which at the same rate would as a guess still be reasonable at 5000 rounds.

She was conservative with how much she wanted to shoot it before but now after the Usurper II import ban she's scarcely willing to shoot it at all.

Saying no issues at 250 rounds isn't saying much. We do like it so far as everything you can tell in that time frame.

Well, the safety lever was absurdly stiff, I mean you had to move a hand to be able to get it, and could not be fixed by bending as that was not the issue. Turned out it was gouging the outside of the receiver near the pin it rotates on. Some careful filing mostly fixed that. Small detail.

Oh: And while she's bought only 4 mags (a wide variety, all different) in addition to the included PMag which fit perfectly, overall I have to say that is one tight-fitting magwell. None of the 4 would fit right off the bat. Three of the four required trimming, while one (a Bakelite) must have worn down a trace from repeated effort and then fit. And it was a lot less than smooth on bolt return, tending to hang, but that polished out no problem. Slick as butter now. Again not big deals.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts