AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres a couple more receivers I'm working on. These are ak-builder flats. I stamp them and then bend them with the ak-builder bending jig w/top rail step down.

The cyrillic A is made using a 3/32" stamp set and 3 different characters. Then I used an 1/8" set for the other letters. It takes the two different size stamp sets to make it look right.

I referenced www.works11.com for the Tantal markings. The NDS markings are not quite right. I havent figured out a way to replicate the arching line between the letters. I might have to call it good enough. I think it looks good. The detents for the left side selector are in the right spots, sure wish I could make them function as designed. :sad: At least it will look right.

I filled the letters with white crayon and melted it using a heat gun so it would show for the photos better.

Heres the photo that I referenced for the Bulgarian markings. Thanks to Stottman for his great thread with dozens of great photos of real ak's!!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
So, you admit to playin with crayons...............................just kiddin man.

Outstanding job..............

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I added the photo I referenced for the Bulgarian markings.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I worked on the Bulgy marking a little more. I think 'now' I have reached the limit of what using standard harbor freight stamps can do.

If you compare it to the reference photo I think you will agree its purty darn close! :dance:

If anyone has a better photo of original Bulgy '74 selector markings will you lease post them? The photo I got from stottman's post is the best I have.

Yes I played with crayons again. :grin:

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Good God be careful man, the Bulgarians might sue you for copywright infringement. I think I saw a few of them working over at Global Trades just the other day. Don't let them get wind of your skills.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
j_tudeski said:
Good God be careful man, the Bulgarians might sue you for copywright infringement. I think I saw a few of them working over at Global Trades just the other day. Don't let them get wind of your skills.
Thanks man! I can dig compliments like that. My goal is to make a clone so good that if a Bulgarian armory got ahold of it they would wonder how in the hell it got out of their armory without the third pin. :wink:

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Those look great! Very Clean. :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts