AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone who else out there inspired to build one of these babies?!!
Here’s my version not sure if I’m going to get an ultimak yet or not

I used PSA front site/ gas block because it had the 45 deg hole and my barrel was already drilled for a 45 gas block.
530B2BD7-EE01-44AC-AE6E-0ED11F990231.jpeg

·
Registered
54 Posts
Had to Google it (you shoulda added a link). Looks like a series of four already-built rifles named after the four horsemen of the apocalypse. So what is there to build? (looks like you added a different pistol grip and cheese grater handguard to the Pestilence model) Smart marketing on Meridian's part and those ridiculous prices make me glad I'm a home builder. Not to mention the 40 week lead time plus the fact they say they don't even have the parts (kits) yet.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had to Google it (you shoulda added a link). Looks like a series of four already-built rifles named after the four horsemen of the apocalypse. So what is there to build? (looks like you added a different pistol grip and cheese grater handguard to the Pestilence model) Smart marketing on Meridian's part and those ridiculous prices make me glad I'm a home builder. Not to mention the 40 week lead time plus the fact they say they don't even have the parts (kits) yet.
Same here I would never pay that much for an AK,
Shortening the barrel to 14.5 and adding front site/ gas block combo.
not sure I understand the question what is there to build?
this is a Romanian kit I put together and liked what MD did with the pestilence so this is where I’m at so far in it. I’m not sure if I’m going to use a ultimak. And doubt I’ll be painting numbers on it. Also might shark fin the hand guard. I can’t be the only builder out there who saw the pestilence rifle and wanted to build one.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Gotcha... sorry, I'm a little slow here. You built a Romy kit to look like one of Meridian's. It's certainly a good-looking build and I'd shorten the dong as well. Those are a bitch for mag changes, especially plastic mags.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts