AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there other countries where homebuilders are allowed to build firearms like us?

Just curious. I see a few foreign posters here and there from time to time.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Yep, I know that in Germany you can get deactivated rifles (of which i have quite a few) or rifles converted to semi-auto if you have a wbk or waffenbesitzkarte (permit). Plus, overall I don't see the amount of interest in post ww2 weapons in Germany that we have here.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Andyman said:
Yep, I know that in Germany you can get deactivated rifles (of which i have quite a few) or rifles converted to semi-auto if you have a wbk or waffenbesitzkarte (permit). Plus, overall I don't see the amount of interest in post ww2 weapons in Germany that we have here.

How much were the deactivated rifles you got? Where did you get them?

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
they were anywhere from 200 to 500 euros. I got them on egun.de but kee them in Germany of course (I know better than to bring a deactivated rifle with a full auto receiver to the us even if it has been castrated with a drill and welder). Though there have been many different methods to deactivate weapons in Germany over the years the current method is cutting the bolt face ata 45 degree angle and drilling 6 or more caliber-sized holes in the first 1/2 of the barrel and welding the chamber shut. :sad:

andy

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I started explaining how to make a Saiga more military looking and to take high cap mags to a guy in Poland today.

I bet more of them would do it if they did not have to get police permits for guns. hence the gun has to exist first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts