AK Rifles banner

121 - 140 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Gateway pundit. Lmfao. If you think Antifa was behind this or even a major influence, you are fooling yourself. It was Trump fanatics, mainly Qanon believers (I have them in my family-they mean well but have totally lost grip on reality), who are responsible for what happened. Acknowledging that is what makes us better than the other side who en masse condoned rioting and looting in most major US cities last summer.
Sometimes people on the right are as bad as those on the left in believing lies or conspiracy theories. Like the government or manufactures are somehow behind ammo shortages. Never mind demand far outstrips supply, especially by hoarders and price gougers.

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
They took something else, a laptop.
I don’t think the laptop(s) will be huge deal. I think they will be recovered (if they already haven’t) quickly.

Not that they wouldn’t be valuable to the right government but on their own they are of little value. Each has a SIPRNet token (Secret Internet Protcol Router Network) with a CAC card so if they were logged on to the the network it would be possible to gain access to SOME information. It’s unlikely these people had the technical prowess to know how to access such information.

From what I’ve read these tokens were revoked soon after the breach and all computers that could have been compromised have been accounted for or purged.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Here is the thing. Lots of folks who have no idea about security, operate computers all day long.
I actually had the task of trying to enforce the standards at work. I gave up, no one took it seriously and if you pointed out someone was doing it on you were wasist.

The reason they keep getting busted is because they think none of the rules apply to them. If you mentioned regulations, or you mentioned policy, you got the eye roll.

·
Super Moderator
25,963 Posts
Interesting vids of Police waving in the protesters:

Several more interesting developments; Pelosi called the Joint Chiefs and asked them to ignore orders from Trump, which by definition is sedition/treason, and she was told "no". Also, not just Pelosi's laptop was grabbed, there were others as well, and the rumor mill is saying communications were discovered between members of Congress and "others". Not sure if this is true or not, but you need to ask yourself why in the hell Pelosi is freaking out and will impeach Trump on Monday when he is going to be gone by "a very fair and legal election" on the 20th anyway. Here is another little nugget I discovered yesterday morning, and saw it in real time personally; there either were no military planes in the air over CONUS yesterday, or they had their transponders turned off. This happened slightly after 1am Saturday morning and went on about 7 hours. I did see a P3 Orion and C-130 on the east and west coasts briefly, but they too landed.
That was weird to say the least, as are the vids I posted about the police waving protesters in through the barriers.

·
Super Moderator
25,963 Posts
I don’t think the laptop(s) will be huge deal. I think they will be recovered (if they already haven’t) quickly.

Not that they wouldn’t be valuable to the right government but on their own they are of little value. Each has a SIPRNet token (Secret Internet Protcol Router Network) with a CAC card so if they were logged on to the the network it would be possible to gain access to SOME information. It’s unlikely these people had the technical prowess to know how to access such information.

From what I’ve read these tokens were revoked soon after the breach and all computers that could have been compromised have been accounted for or purged.
Uh huh....I'm sure there is just no way to get into those laptops at all and look at, or possibly download any data that is found.

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Oh you can bet your ass a foriegn government would love to have one and they could absolutely utilize some of the unencrypted data on them but the real prize would be the method of security. What I was implying was if the computers were logged off it’s the same as a stolen or misplaced computer which is not uncommon. HOWEVER, it they had not logged off it is a major data breach potential.

It could be catastrophic if a NSC computer was grabbed as they have almost full access when logged in. However, there are embedded security measures that hopefully worked if that happened. Worse yet would be if the system was compromised and a Trojan was uploaded before the security measures were implemented it could open the door for uncontrolled access. A trained individual would have done this and likely left the computer in place as not to draw attention to the compromised unit.

There is a SCIF (Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility) that was not compromised in the capitol building where highest security files are kept. These are files which may not be accessed remotely and must be viewed within the SCIF. You can bet nobody got close to the SCIF.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Just how many times do these people have to go through a major incident with computers?
The Clinton's couldn't keep it straight, her Staff F'ed it all up also. Every time you turn around they screw it up. Now just how many times does the FBI recover these things and we know they are full of dirt on Politicians, but we never hear a peep?
Epstein Anyone? Anthony Weiner? Hillary's server? Nothing, we have not been allowed to know what was on there.
And then the most recent, Hunter Biden, the FBI had that computer for a year and sat on it.

The most disappointing thing is watching Barr turn commie.

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Agreed. I think that is the weakest part of our national defense. Well, that and the fact voting is now useless since the new voting machines are less secure than my daughters bicycle lock and the people we “so called” elect get to determine who wins.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Well, it is pretty apparent that the media, big tech and China all have the same agenda and to me it looks like Biden is going to go along with it.
I have little doubt that we've been sold a bill of goods and the payout is a crashing economy, more BS Covid drama and some hunger, a bit of hunger.
Then you'll see people take it the streets and some pay back happen.

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Or will people drink the Kool-Aid and see the government as the solution?

They create problem
They create fear
They create panic
They create pseudo solution
They appear to fix the very problem they created
They control the populous

Wouldn’t be the first time in history the people got fuc*ed by the ruling elite

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
I agree with the incremental way that seems to be working, but
I also think the increasing losses of freedoms and more isolation will drive more than a few over the edge first.
We will be in the middle of a Civil War before they decide to go full house to house search for guns and ammo.
I shoot with a dozen or so Cops from local to DPS guys, to a man they have said they would refuse the order. I believe them.

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
I would hate to be in their shoes. I shoot with LEO’s frequently as well and they are terrified to do their job already in fear of going to prison for doing the job they have sworn to do. It is a horrible position to put them in.

They are all stand up guys and have my total respect, most are ex military and know how the chain of command works. We don’t talk politics at all (that’s a rule we all have) but I suspect they would all resign before risking their lives knocking on doors to retrieve legal, constitutionally guaranteed, firearms.

They do like to kid me that my name will be #1 on the list when the Gestapo come knocking. Most have been to my shop and several to my house so I‘m probably screwed if that happens. But I am guessing all FFL/SOT holders will be the first to be visited and hauled to interment camps for re-education. Thankfully, I have already read The Communist Manifesto as well as a slew of other newly accredited leftist publications. They will likely be required reading by March.

I think Kamala will have a tough time beating Putin in 2024.

·
Super Moderator
25,963 Posts
I agree with the incremental way that seems to be working, but
I also think the increasing losses of freedoms and more isolation will drive more than a few over the edge first.
We will be in the middle of a Civil War before they decide to go full house to house search for guns and ammo.
I shoot with a dozen or so Cops from local to DPS guys, to a man they have said they would refuse the order. I believe them.
In smaller towns, hopefully this will be the case, but in larger cities are heavily dem controlled areas, all bets are off. When you think about it, police in larger cities like NY and LA are actively subverting the Constitution and following un-lawful orders by governors and mayors who are essentially ruling by decree. Scary times ahead, and unless something is happens that nobody has guessed at, we are in for some dark times.
A good friend of mine who is not political at all, and comes from a very staunch dem supporting family is not only very worried, has actually started paying attention to current events, and frankly, that is surprising to me.

Reactions: wpmick

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
The left will probably go after talk radio using the fairness doctrine.

Lindsey Graham said he is more determined than ever to rescind section 230. Kind of late for that.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Interesting vids of Police waving in the protesters:

Several more interesting developments; Pelosi called the Joint Chiefs and asked them to ignore orders from Trump, which by definition is sedition/treason, and she was told "no". Also, not just Pelosi's laptop was grabbed, there were others as well, and the rumor mill is saying communications were discovered between members of Congress and "others". Not sure if this is true or not, but you need to ask yourself why in the hell Pelosi is freaking out and will impeach Trump on Monday when he is going to be gone by "a very fair and legal election" on the 20th anyway. Here is another little nugget I discovered yesterday morning, and saw it in real time personally; there either were no military planes in the air over CONUS yesterday, or they had their transponders turned off. This happened slightly after 1am Saturday morning and went on about 7 hours. I did see a P3 Orion and C-130 on the east and west coasts briefly, but they too landed.
That was weird to say the least, as are the vids I posted about the police waving protesters in through the barriers.
Hell they are holding the doors for them.
Capitol police turned down help from the National Guard and DOJ. DOJ said they would send FBI agents.
I read somewhere one of the people who got inside was a Seattle cop. Some more Republican politicians were at the rally but I do not know if they made it inside.

·
Premium Member
2,363 Posts
guys, if you haven't done it already, you should have AT LEAST a 1 month supply of water (and or a way to filter it), 1 month supply of food, gas tanks filled and some extra cans at home, extra meds, extra essential items like first aid stuff, and of course plenty of ammo. We never know what circumstances in which we will find ourselves. We don't know if we will remain at home, or will have to be on the run. Never the less, it's better to have supplies than not have them. The next few days will be very telling.

121 - 140 of 171 Posts