AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21,771 Posts
oh yeah.. Home Depot is supposed to carry it.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
I can't wait until they start making products out of this material in whole.
Can you imagine a "NeverWet" jacket with a shell made entirely out of this chemical?

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
torx said:
Im interested in knowing the down side of it.

Reviews I read about said it wears off pretty quickly and the instructions say do not use on electronics. Also its not a clear finish but frosty. No personal experience with it though.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Tapeo1 said:
torx said:

Reviews I read about said it wears off pretty quickly and the instructions say do not use on electronics. Also its not a clear finish but frosty. No personal experience with it though.

thanks for the info

·
Super Moderator
25,780 Posts
Tapeo1 said:
torx said:

The shirt the CEO was wearing did look to have some shine to it. This looks like just the thing to spray on your tent for camping though.
I wonder how long it would last on a uniform or jacket for normal use, and what happens when throw them in the wash?

I'm going to grab at least one can, thanks for posting this!

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
JoeMomma said:
Tapeo1 said:
torx said:

The shirt the CEO was wearing did look to have some shine to it. This looks like just the thing to spray on your tent for camping though.
I wonder how long it would last on a uniform or jacket for normal use, and what happens when throw them in the wash?

I'm going to grab at least one can, thanks for posting this!
Might be good for a pack or something, or certain applications. It seems anything that is sprayed on is bound to wear or wash off sooner or later.

Firearms application?

This reminds me of some badass scotch guard!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Could be useful for interiors on vehicles cars, boats etc. if it is durable. Maybe boots and tents, packs, sleeping bag covers again depends on durability...sure looks slick but wonder products have disappointed me before....we shall see.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
sounds great but not so much as some may initially think. I have no experience with it but reading all the reviews(home depot,etc..) it looks like it won't be great for many of the applications I had in mind when I first learned about it. it should be great for some things though.

the major problems seem to be longevity,a milky white film(that's why they used a white t-shirt and shoes in the video) and texture.

my initial thought was great,i'm going to use this to protect my car/s underneath,door jams,under trimming rubber,etc. from rust,..but because of it's longevity,...I don't think it will be effective over time and I don't trust it because of longevity. I wouldn't use it on any interior fabric or leather(car or home) unless it was white(perhaps not even then).

I think it will have some good applications though,..but for now my thinking is it's limited to what i'd want to use it on,long-term. might be good to have with you on rainy days.

by the way,although it's a totally different technology/application,nano-technology is now being used on some car paint protectant products that have come on the market and might eventually overshadow the awesome polymer based sealants which are long lasting already.

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
I'm betting exposure to the skin or breathing the fumes will lead to cancer.

Anyone else here old enough to remember when silicone sprays were the first marketed as the be all and end all of waterproofing?

·
Super Moderator
25,780 Posts
Sidecarnutz said:
I'm betting exposure to the skin or breathing the fumes will lead to cancer.

Anyone else here old enough to remember when silicone sprays were the first marketed as the be all and end all of waterproofing?
Yep...I'm showing my age.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
local home depot had a sample on display.

Not sure if they done it right or it was wearing out. But it was soaking in water it few places of the sample.
The had some wood and apron treated with that stuff.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts