AK Rifles banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a SAM7SF from Arsenal and unfortunately, these rifles do not allow stock changes without serious modification to the rifle. I invested in a Leupold holo sight and because it sits so high, I have to chin weld. It's sitting as low as it can get (using a TWS dog-leg rail Gen3) but it's still a few inches too high. I want to use this as a duty rifle for my dept w/ SRT (Strategic Response Team) so a red dot is essentially mandatory as I will not be shooting at extended ranges and iron sights are too slow for rapid target acquisition. My question is this: anyone who has experience with a sidefolding stock, what is your recommendation for a cheek riser? It's gonna need to be substantial, secure, and not too bulky so I can maintain a side fold. Or am I going to have to go to a Micro-Dot for a cheek weld? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am in the US (sorry havent updated my info yet) and the reason I dont run an AR-15 or a smaller caliber is the velocity of the rounds zipping through people at close range, especially if they are on drugs, has a very distinct possibility of not stopping them and requiring you to fire so many rounds at the subject that you get caught up in a bad lawsuit for excessive force. Unfortunately that's the reality of the situation (but shotguns aren't ok either because some serious folk use body armor). I do like the ultimak rails, but theres so much weight on the front end, on extended standoffs I don't want fatigue to set in. I guess I'll have to either learn to live w/ a chin weld or check out the ultimak rail (and do some more work on my arms lol) thanks guys, appreciate the help and suggestions

1 - 2 of 2 Posts